Followers

1/15/2015

DeeDee's Digis - Happy Brrrr Day

HiYa! Hope this evening finds all my sweet friends doing swell. I am happy to say I have a new follower, the number of faces went to 298. However, I can't determine just who it is, & I would be so happy if whomever just signed on, would leave a comment as to your name & blog link - if you have a blog. I try to add all the 'faces' to my spreadsheet to be counted when doing Blog Candy - which is getting closer, folks!

Today is a card I enjoyed making and it has NBUS & snippets - YAY! I've been trying so hard to get a chance to play at Darnell's first NBUS challenge for 2015. Additionally there was a really cute DeeDee's Digi image that I wanted to use for a specific birthday card (it will be going to New England - where the temps have certainly been Brrrrr!). Here goes:

 
 
Fussy cut Happy Brrr-Day (non European version), did a bit of shading, some WoS on the metal of the skates.
 
NBUS items: S/B Decagon die cut out the 140# water color paper. Spritzed the die with some pearlized spray, a scant spray of water and {gulp} sprinkled 2 colors of my Brusho crystals that I got last October. Today I had a nice email from my friend Pixie {Miss, or Diane--she has a lot of aliases!} with a tip about using the Brusho-s. I confess I've been quite intimidated by them, have watched lots of videos. Pixie's email was just the spur I needed to get brave, thinking this could be my NBUS, & would make a nice background for this sweet little girl skater. It did, and I was fascinated watching the bits of color spread on the wet background. I wasn't certain at first if I had used too much water to wet the paper. Used Cobalt & Prussian blue to sprinkle one at a time. Had the Purple out, but decided to not use it.
 
- NBUS - Avery Elle Custom Panels Die - curved hill (this set has some angle dies in it too). Used a white snippet to die cut, covered the snippet with SnS brushable glue, and sprinkled some SnS Twinkling Clouds over & let it dry. Adhered to the decagon shape, tucking the snippets of glittering trees in behind this snowy layer. (IO Treescape - DIE027-P - which I think is also a NBUS, as I can't remember using it before)
 
Then realized the scene would look better if some more snow was added at the bottom (gosh, I hated to cover up the Brusho background though!), so tore another white snippet, got the Decagon back out, and cut that to fit what I wanted to cover up. Repeated the glue & Twinkling Clouds. Let me just say this product makes THE best snow! For a couple places where I didn't have good glue coverage, I added in some Crystal Stickles.
 
- Sentiment is from the Happy Brr Day set, printed & changed the font color to blue, smooshed the handcut fishtail through some blue ink, added some more stickles over the letters using my finger.
 
- the mesh texture silver card front was embossed with a Snowflake die. Another sentiment from the digi set will be used inside.
  
This one will be linked to Darnell's 2015 NBUS Challenge and also over at the Snippet's Playground Week 159. It also is a part of my DeeDee's Digis Design Team commitment, and was a fun card to make. The final result was not what I planned, it sort of evolved, with the plan to use this particular digi, and experiment with the Brusho products. It was fun!
 
Hope you'll check DeeDee's Digis Shop and perhaps join in the current challenge that is open until February 1. There is a delightful free digi this month called Ice Fishing. This cute set could be used for many different occasions..so don't miss out.
 
Ya'll stay warm, and come again when you have time. Big Hugs. God Bless.
 

45 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, this is such a fun card, I love it. Great image.
    Hugs, Veerle Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this skater with the Brusho background and ice rink! I was set to order a Brusho set and saw that they are out of stock. I love the explosion of color that they give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super layered card and sounds like you had fun making it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fun card Mary. Loving the skater's background and the snowdrifts! What an awesome image - perfect for this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, I just love that image and how you have used it. Great design, love it all

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Mary - and I love the effect you have gained using the brusho's.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing card, Mary! All your elements are so wonderful and you have put a lot of work into this to make it very special. I love the skating bear :) Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great fun card and I love your brusho work.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great fun card, like the effect you have got on this card.

    A bit. Brr! Here but no snow just frosty. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great fun card, like the effect you have got on this card.

    A bit. Brr! Here but no snow just frosty. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, and now you've gone and made me add Brushos to my shopping list! *sigh* ;-)
    Fab card Mary! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Mary - and your Brushos worked perfectly! Am so glad you took the plunge :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your cute, happy bear having so much fun on the snow, Mary!!!! Love the silver bg of the card with the blues and white added to give it a real BRRRRR feeling!!
    Have a lovely day, Mary!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card Mary, love the background scene you've created...and well done you breaking out the Brushos! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice card Mary to showcase that darling image by Deedee. I love that backdrop with your beautiful colors. The trees really stand out nicely. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card!! Love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scene is exquisite, Mary! The Brusho background is so vibrant. Love the cute image and the trees. And your sentiment is so cute. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulously brilliant card Mary, has cooled me down somewhat here...love the colour combo and image is gorgeous...Preparations for dad's 102nd are underway at the nursing home....it should be great if he stays awake and alert....all the 50 residence will be involved...will take some pics..xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background Mary. I have taken the plunge and just ordered some brushos with my Christmas money. Maybe, as you have already started, I can get some tips off you! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The texture on this is superb, love what you have done with Deedee's Snow Bear. Sometimes those little "accidents" come out on top don't they? Hope you have a great weekend.
    hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A cute image and another pretty card Mary full of great new things. I love the S/B decagon and the AE curved hill and IO trees make the perfect scene especially with that wonderful snow! The brushos add to the feeling of winter chill and I think that background card works beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can definitely feel a chill coming off this card with its cool colors, glitter, ice and snow. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun cute card Mary! have a wonderful weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a fun image Mary ... and LOVE your brushos background. Great job!! So fun (and messy!) to play with :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. First of all....you must tell me how to change the color on the sentiments like that! I click to change mine - and it laughs at me and prints it in black again!

    Now that that's out of the way - love your cute card. The Brusho crystals gave it a cool looking backdrop and bet they're fun to play with too. Great card Mary!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is great Mary, love the snowman and your play on words, fabulous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry Mary, I'm a dozy mare, I meant to put 'bear' and for some daft reason I've gone and put snowman, doh!! do forgive me.
    Hugs Jacee

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Momma Mary, what a fabulous card!! I love seeing those brusho backgrounds, and I would have been very intimidated by them too. lol But they make such cool backgrounds, so pretty and vibrant are the colors love the snow under your cute skater-glad you put that there but didn't cover up all of your beautiful background. Love the embossed card base too, yep, this is one great birthday card with lots of love that went into it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so fun, Mary!! The image is adorable!! I love all of the details!! I've never heard of Brusho crystals...I'm intrigued!! Your background looks amazing!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab card Mary.

    We have snow and rain forecast for tomorrow, but just snow Sunday.

    Hope you have a good weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Mary from a snowy Inverness, Loving your card, super image and embellishments. Hoping you are well, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Brilliant card design Mary, cute skating bear image great colouring.. nice effect with brushos..not tried these myself..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous as always Mary and a great image and layout.
    We have had the white stuff today but lucky enough not enough to settle.
    Have a good weekend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your card Mary, the polar bear is such fun and the sentiment is just brilliant. I love that you used the Brushos too - well done you! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a darling image and card. Love the shading and little touches you added. And what a PERFECT winter birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Mary, a real fun card. Love the image and your Brusho background. I have only recently bought some of these paints but not had much time to experiment with them yet. Hope you are well my friend. Take care.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. You picked the perfect image to send to New England. I love the look of the brushos on your card and good for you to try something new. That bear with her little hairbow is the cutest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card! I love how you made the awesome background, Mary! Your die cuts are fabulous - your sparkle and glitter are perfect! Fun little winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous card...love your skating bear.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hiya Mary - I must say the brushos look amazing - really fabulous - and thanks so much for the card you sent me - you are very kind! Big hugs to you Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your card slowly evolved into a fun work of wintry art, Mary! I've spent several minutes reading what you did and then scrolling up to look at it and back and forth so I could get every detail! Excellent execution! I really like the Brushos result, too! You are on my list of inspirations (including Di) to turn to when I get mine out and start to play ~ hopefully, next month! I want to give them my full attention.

    Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! I hope you and Joe are having a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is soooo cute. I love the bg and the image is adorable. Bear Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  44. I don't know which I like better the snow or the kaleidoscope like background you created with the Brusho. It is so cool looking. And that bear is super cute.

    ReplyDelete