Followers

1/01/2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR - WELCOME 2015!

Gosh, I can remember when I was a youngster and we'd talk about the Year 2000 and it was like....some Sci-Fi happening that would never be here. Now imagine, we are 15 years into the Millenium!

Another thing I used to hear when I was a kid was when you get older time goes faster...now how crazy did that sound? We all had the same 24 hour day, 7 day week...etc. Well, I'm here to tell you, it really does seem to speed by a lot quicker now that I'm not 13 any longer. Felt like forever when I was 13 waiting to be 16; then from 16 to 18 was another long span of time. Once I passed 21, I think time started to go by a lot faster. I would hear my elders talk about feeling 'tired'. I wondered how on earth could they be tired, as I'd see them just sitting around, doing what was usual...nothing that seemed very strenuous to me. I never got tired. Well, boys howdy. Do I ever understand all that ole stuff now!!!

Ok...I've looked back, so now it's time to look forward to a new year. I will wish for World Peace - being an optimistic sort of person. I sure would be happy to read some good headlines, instead of all the anger, meanness & tragedy that is in the news today. Makes me wonder what happens to these people who just go shoot or hurt somebody for no reason, other than pure evilness. I do not understand that kind of action and it seems to be a daily occurrence all over the globe.

Next, I'd like to wish all of my sweet readers:

Love. We all need more of that.
Peace & contentment...yep, we all need a lot of that. Some of us more than others.
Health & Happiness are right up at the top of the list of wishes I send along to you.
Kindness  to yourselves and others whom we come in contact.
Tolerance to those who think, worship or look differently than we do. Each person is unique and has his/her own special gifts to offer. You never know when something you say or do may have an effect on other individual...for good or bad.
 
I thought about the order that I listed these wishes, and you may not agree with my priority. That's ok. I wish it for all of you just the same.
 
I'm looking forward to enjoying all the wonderful work that each of you brings to Blogland to share with the rest of us. This hobby has been such a blessing in my life - one that was a total & wonderful surprise; and one that keeps me well entertained on the days I have the leisure to sit and do blog surfing & visiting. I expect most of you feel the same about that. Seems like we just can't keep up with it all at times.
 
This is going to be a scheduled post to go Live at 00:00 January 1, 2015, Eastern Standard Time.
I have lots of comments that will be needing a return blog visit from me. Will try to catch up as soon as we arrive back home, (safely, God Willing) and I get my Goodby Blues under control. I have a real hard time saying goodbye to DD. We've enjoyed our visit & it's hard to leave, but will be good to get back to our own space and toys too.
 
I do have to clarify my comments about DH's driving. He is a very competent driver (he took 2 different courses in driving 18 wheelers years ago, and is a very conscientious driver). He puts up with a lot of 'OOOHs' and passenger brake applications from me without saying much - for a while. I'm just a very nervous passenger - with ANYBODY driving. But at least with Mr. I can vocalize it! It's just a more relaxed drive for both of us - if I tilt the seat back and doze off. (I get sleepy when I ride anyway, unless I'm the driver). Our pickup is very comfortable, and is a good size that we feel much safer traveling in it, than we do in the Ford Explorer that I usually drive. There's lots of crazies on the interstates it seems...my opinion is too much telephone texting. In a pickup that sits higher than cars, you can see a lot of things that aren't safe on the highways. I'm a firm believer that if you are behind the wheel, your entire focus needs to be on the road and traffic, not distracted by a cell phone. Even using Blu-Tooth technology. It still distracts your attention from the split second when you most need it.
 
So will be talking to you next from Homebase in South Carolina. In the meantime, have a wonderful New Year, be safe, God Bless and thanks for checking in. Hugs

30 comments:

  1. Thank you for your well wishes Mary. I think you list is perfect! I wish the same to you and your family. Have a safe trip home. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and travel safe. I love your post and relate to it. I'm going to wish for World Peace too - perhaps if enough people do, you never know what will happen :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary...wishing you and your hubby a very Happy New Year. Safe travels and looking forward to seeing all you new and wonderful creations this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Mary - may your year be blessed with Peace beyond understanding, good health and safe travel :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours.
    May 2015 bring everything you wish for.
    Thank you for sharing your Florida trip and all your wonderful pictures. Also all your photos of how you decorate your beautiful home. All your comments and support through the past year. Look forward to all your great creations this year.
    Crafty Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Mary. Oh I see what you mean about us posting the same . I have enjoyed visiting your blog and your wonderful cards, photos and just your general chat about life. Have a safe journey, look forward to seeing your work. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loll, above, is right, your list is perfect Mary! It has been a pleasure to follow you over the last 12 months, to see your lovely work and it is always fun to read your entertaining 'missives'! I look forward to more of the same in 2015. Happy New Year!! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, What a lovely post.

    I hope all your wishes come true in 2015.

    huge Hugs Sue & Polly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for a beautifully written post Momma Mary! I have to agree on everything you said. You and DH be careful coming home and take all the time you need to get over the DD blues. I know all about those blues as well and it is so hard to leave. Even harder when you are leaving a child of yours and their children. Happy New Year Momma Mary!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet, Mary! A very happy new year to you, in every way - hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful story and wishes for you are the same. Have a safe and NON adventuress journey.

    I agree so much with what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 2015 ! Wishing you all the best for this year. Your post is wonderful with inspiring thoughts. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Mary! Thanks for sharing your lovely post. I agree with all your wishes. Safe travels home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a wonderful 2015, full of love, health and happiness! Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Mary! Hope you have a safe trip home and know you've had a wonderful time.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree entirely with your list of new year wishes Mary, and send them to you too, and to other readers.
    Hope your journey home is safe and comfortable.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post, Mary!! Safe travels!! Happy New Year!! I hope 2015 is a fabulous one for you :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL I do the passenger brakes too :) Happy New Year to you Mary. That is a wonderful list of wishes and I have to agree especially the tolerance you put that so well :)
    Hugs my friend, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness Mary I could have written this post, I too remember being at school and talking about the year 2000 and I thought gosh I will be 51, I'll be nearly dead!
    So many of the things that you have mentioned I totally agree with or have thought the same .
    Safe journey and looking forward to seeing your creations in 2015.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year to you too Mary, I hope it's a wonderful year ahead! Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope when you read this you are safely home and happy to be there! I used to cry every time I had to leave my folks in VT. It's so hard to say goodbye to loved ones. Crafting helps. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for being the most wonderful blogging friend..May 2015 bring everything wonderful to you.xxx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


    ReplyDelete
  23. Your wishes are perfect! Happy New Year to you dear Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you a very Happy New Year too Mary, hope you have/had a safe journey home. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary,
    thank you for all your good wishes, and they are all echoes by me too.
    A very Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Pity there are people put there that love to bicker and fight, life is too short for all that, we should all be able to live and let live in peace and harmony.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year Mary and hope you had a safe journey..blessing for you and your family for 2015 huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. ah Mary trust your trip home has been safe? if not pray it will be :D and yes agree with you on your comments on crazies..
    thanks so much for popping over and so sorry you lost those images too very frustrating.

    .. every blessing of the LORD for you both in 2015..Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. some totally lovely wishes for everyone! I wish you the same thing! World Peace would be really something wouldn't it? Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, Mary, I'm back from holiday in Cape Town and I've spend time on your blog now to enjoy all your posts of the last 3 weeks - what a pleasure it was to look at all your lovely cards and I did enjoy all the non-card posts as well!!! So nice of you to share such a lot of what is going on in your life, with us!!! Thank you so much for your sweet wishes for the new year and I do wish you all the same!!! I hope that 2015 will be one of your best years ever and that your days will be filled with love and fun and laughter and that you will have lots of time to be creative!!! Can't wait to see what you bring us in 2015!!! Have a very happy year!!
    Have a lovely day!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are not the only who hits the brake pad while the other half is driving. Thankfully DH is very understanding that I am now like it 'cos of other drivers ramming into us.
    I hope we all get some peace, love and understanding this year. You have a very beautiful soul Mary xx

    ReplyDelete