Followers

9/24/2012

Class Cards

Impression Obsession Class Card Sample
Good evening. Our area has had the most perfectly beautiful day. Our sky has been the intense blue that locals refer to as Carolina Blue...it's almost a cobalt color, and with the still green trees silhouetted against that blue, oh MY, takes my breath away. The air was cool, even though I'm told it got into the low 80's mid afternoon. I was able to sit on the back porch this morning to have coffee and enjoy being outside. Good way to start off the day. Here's another of the pre-convention class cards from the Impression Obsession-Paper Cuts Class I took. This was probably our fastest & simplest of cards to make. The CAC stamps were done on a light blue cardstock, using a blue fluid chalk. I believe we only used one CAC to do this bkgrnd, whereas the other cards I've shown, background was made using 2 different CAC stamps.  The leaf was stamped on green paper, then diecut with the matching die, really easy-peasy to do. I truly can't remember if we made the green background paper, or if it was patterned paper that we used. Anyway, it turned out pretty. The blue paper was adhered to a larger white piece, which we stamped with the sentiment. Tied a white organza ribbon around the base, and adhered to a darker blue cardbase. Popped up the leaf, used a glue dot to adhere the bow, and DONE. I have to say these I.O. dies are comparing favorably to my much loved Memory Box dies. At least the I.O. dies I've used thus far.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice card....we share the same addiction. I love the Memory Box dies and I have been looking, longingly at the IO dies...Do I really need more? But of course! Now that I'm caught up with the cataloging, I need to get just a few more dies. :-) My next challenge is my rubber stamp collection....that will take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Mary Love that stamed BG and the single branch is fabulous!You knew I'd love it, it's blue. LOL!
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Mary! I love the simple branch on that blue background. So simple but so elegant and graceful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete