Followers

2/05/2013

Valentine

Good morning and welcome to my corner of blogland. Before I go any further in this post, I must give a great Shoutout to Miss Di (Pixie, of the Playground fame). She was kind enough (AND smart enough!) to do some work on my sidebar so that my Label area is not growing into Never-Neverland. Now there is a nifty little search box for Labels with a lovely dropdown menu; should someone care to look for a specifically themed card...well, off you can go. So many thanks for all your time & hard work Miss Pixie. It is so much appreciated. I love the look! Ahem...

This is another quick card, some snippets...which I would love to say came from the snippet file, but alas, they were just in the pile, rather towards the top, where my little eyes spied. (snippets were the red Cheery Lynn heart & white Spellbinders label die). I like this heart, and it's one of the CL dies that cut well for me. (I did some complaining to a couple vendors who sell these dies at Saturday's stamp show. They listened, reiterated all the proper ways to cut these, which I'm doing. However they just sell the things...don't have a voice in the manufacture. I always hope that they will take my comments back to the folks who make 'em.) Some of my frustration with these dies could be Operator Error, but honestly..I've looked &  looked at the instructional videos. I'm pretty sure I'm doing shimming, rotating, etc.  as instructed, yet still, with some of the intricate doily dies...well, not a happy experience. I hang out with folks much more experienced than I, and they too have problems with some of these dies. The dies are so beautiful when they cutout nicely.  This CL Celtic Heart die, though, works well for me, and I think it's pretty. The S/Binder is Fancy Framed Tags one, which I thought complimented the shape of the frilly heart. Sentiment was stamped and sponged with SU Regal Rose. The EF is a Darice Hearts folder. This was another quick card...I'm liking these quick cards. More to come. Gotta get some finished and into the mail. Thanks for spending time with me  and have a great day at whatever you may be doing. This is going to be a scheduled post, so I won't be linking to the Playground with this snippety card, but I heartily invite you to go for a visit. You'll enjoy the scenery there I guarantee. Some awesome talent, fer sure. Hugs.

7 comments:

  1. Mary, this is so gorgeous!!! LOVE that beautiful die and the design on your card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the die cut heart and the embossed background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card there Mary. Love the colours.
    Funny you should comment on the dies. My friend has bought some thin Sizzix dies and had a Big Shot for Christmas which don't go through very well. She asked me to try it yesterday and I suggested she e-mailed Sizzix as they should work on their own machine!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on your pretty Valentine, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary

    Now that is what you call a heart .. .. a totally gorgeous one.

    Great valentine card.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dies and you have made such a pretty, romantic card with them!

    I agree some dies are harder than others to cut. I bought the thim metal plate and it has really helped...well that and some wax paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Mary, I am loving this card! That die cut is stunning! I love this card's color combo-so love white/black and a touch of red together!! Love the embossing and I think, not sure, but sure looks like an embossing folder that a friend just gave me! I will have to use it for sure now. lol Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete