Followers

12/21/2017

A Yappy Christmas

Welcome....are you counting down? Have you gotten everything done that you meant to do? I am amazed at the people I know who have their tree up on December 1, all their cards addressed and mailed that first week. Gifts bought and wrapped and under the tree, or mailed in a timely fashion. I was fairly organized when I was working, but I'm certainly not now! Seem to get worse as the years go by too. Oh well, it's really not about the gifts...it's about Christ and family and love, and I'm ok with that.

Had to make this card in a hurry, as I thought I'd be working on it in Florida, and once we knew a little box needed to go in the mail, I had to finish it up ASAP. It's a cute My Favorite Things clear set, and I selected different images from the set to create a little scene. I didn't do any grounding, which - as I'm looking at the photo, I should have done. Some of the red lights were really magenta or orange shade, but got changed to red during the editing process. Used a Gina K red velvet to stamp the sentiment, and that showed up as pink in the photo. Didn't look good at all, so thus the editing..which also changed the things that should have had a more pink hue. Oh well, DD will like the card. It has a dog on it.

Of course copics were used along with an old Snow Writer on the fur of the hat, which surprised me by not being all dried out. Glossy accents on the jingle bell, the ornaments and the star.

Impression Obsession light string die, cut from white c/s, and colored. The Glossy Accents added a touch of gleam to the lights...(there was only one red one, and the round ornament was magenta). The top light (not on the string) was orange, and there were some different shades of orange on the string too. Oh well, it happens. The finished piece was die cut with a S/B scallop die and then used the same die to cut the folded card base.  (oh yeah, in the photo, the dog, tree and stocking stayed as colored!!)

I hope you are able to get in a little relaxation. Yesterday I caught up a bunch of comments from the last 2 posts, watched the rain, and balanced the checkbook. Intended to go to the basement to do some stamp cleaning, put away a bunch of schtuff...the last bit hasn't happened yet.

Blessings & Hugs, and ya'll come when you can.

24 comments:

  1. A super card Mary, such an adorable little scene.
    Every year I vow to be more organised but I never seem to succeed!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really super cute card, some lovely images and a great layout, like the shiny stocking.
    Have a really lovely Christmas.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Mary, love the cute dog.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty card Mary and I adore the cute dog which will certainly appeal to your DD I'm sure with having dogs of her own, and the large scallops look great and add extra interest to the card, and love all different colours you have used with your wonderful colouring. This year I seem to have been even more disorganised than normal and still have two cards to send tomorrow which I hope will arrive before Christmas but it is not certain. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and festive Christmas card. I wish I could say I was all done, but this last month really flew by. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working and have done only a bit of all the things I planned to do!! :(( Time isn't enough to me!
    Lovely card, that doggie looks so fun and cute, such adorable face! Also your colouring is very pretty! I'm not quick on colouring stamps, so I prefer only diecuts when I'm in hurry!
    Big Hugs, have a sweet and Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a fabulous job here Mary! Love your little scene, especially the little doggy! Loving the shiny stocking and lights. The sentiment is so cute too. Your daughter will love it! Merry Christmas dear blogland friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous and fun card Mary - it's a frustration when the colours change if you have to edit them... never mind, it looks good and we can image the correct colours, as per your comments
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, I've been and got the last few things I wnated for over Christmas. Shop was quiet, but then again it was 8:20am.

    Nice card.

    Hope you have a nice relaxing lead up to the big day and then enjoy it.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card and your coloring is wonderful! I love how you achieved the shine on that stocking! WOW! Your DD will enjoy this, even if the dog isn't grounded. Stampers are too critical of their own work, when other people barely notice those things :) I have a saying for lagging and slacking - "the hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Amen!! life happens regardless of the pace we do or don't keep, so just roll with it! Christmas is going to happen on the 25th whether we finish our plans or not :) Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend - I hope it's a peaceful one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card Mary!! Love the little dog with the stocking hanging from his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Mary! I love that little string of Christmas lights like we had when I was a child and the pup is so cute! I know Dana will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun design Mary! I hope you are well and the holidays are bringing much joy into your lives after such a busy year. <3 Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very cute, sweet card and I think she will love it. This is the first year ever I have been this organized. Who knew starting early would bring this calm reward! I hope I can remember this next year. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope hubby is doing well now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that card. Anyone would be thrilled to get it. Such a cute scene and so festive. And, I love the colors as they appear here on the screen even if they are different in person. It still looks wonderful! You have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card Mary, such a sweet image and lovely bright colours. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. An adorable card and DD will love it I'm sure.
    Yes I was more organised when working too, I had the first week of December off and did it ALL in the one week, shattered going back to work LOL. Now with all the time in the world, it's I'll do it tomorrow!
    Hope you and your DH have a lovely Christmas.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable image, Mary and your coloring is always terrific and so well done. What a fun card for your DD! Love the bright, holiday colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. Have a lovely holiday.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  20. super-cute-colourful card, and I'm not organised either, and yes it gets worse as we get older, but hey, we do the important stuff, so a merry christmas to you, and don't stress over the small stuff :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure this adorable card made your DD smile! Such a sweet scene you created there with that cute puppy!
    Hope your hubby is doing better and you can enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A really cute card Mary. I love the little dog and what a funny sentiment. I love it!. Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and I look forward to visiting again in the new year. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute little chap, I hope he got something nice in his stocking! Happy New Year to you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete