Followers

12/07/2017

Birthday Rusty Truck

Good evening, and hope it's been a pleasant day where you are. I hope all my USA friends remembered it is Pearl Harbor Day.

Here at our place, we are dealing with Mr. having a kidney stone (at least we hope that's all it is). Been having a problem since Friday; thought we were seeing his urologist Tuesday afternoon, showed up at the wrong office (a scheduling error by the staff), only for a specimen. Rather aggravated by the seeming incompetence. But it happens. Anyway, early next morning, we had to make a run to the emergency room, as he was in such pain. Had a CAT scan, got some pain relief via an IV drip of some powerful stuff. So got on my TLC hat once again. Hoping he can pass it, so no other procedures will need to be considered. As yet, no stone.

Some weeks back, we were in a Birds & Bloom store, and Mr. saw a neat birthday card. He liked the sentiment, showed it to me, and said "Can you make something like this?" I knew we had some truck stamps, so "yes I can do something like that". The actual card had sort of an old Model T (like the Tim Holtz one) colored as this truck is.

Here's the result:


- Think this is a PSX stamp. First I stamped the truck, colored it sort of like the inspiration card, then tried to mask it in order to create a tree background. Well, that was a big bust! Looked terrible. Fussy cut out the truck; on another c/s stamped different tree stamps from the stash (some were Stampscapes, others were a 3D Spellbinders trio, and a couple of other trees in different sizes using different shades of green). Positioned the truck and saw that I needed some more trees to make the scene look right. Just kept stamping on trees til it looked ok with the truck.

Once everything was in place on the tree background, added glossy accents to the windows. Right before taking the photo, I thought "I should have emphasized the holly berries more", but it needed to get mailed. I'd used some red glitter pen on the berries, but it doesn't show all that well. An old C/B folder which reminded me of the toolbox pattern on so many pickup trucks was embossed on the mat.

This is for our very best friend, and I think he'll like it. The inside sentiment says "But we're still runnin' ".

Do please have a look at the Cards by Friends section. A new card is up, and we received another beautiful one this afternoon. I'm so thankful we have so many lovely people who share their thoughts and skills with us.

God Bless, and if it's nasty weather where you may be, stay cozy. Hugs.

23 comments:

  1. WOW what fabulous colouring Mary, love the stamp absolutely fabulous.x[aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Mary...what a great image and lovely colouring xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, Loving the card.

    Sending heaps of positive healing thoughts to your hubby. My dad had a kidney stone and said the pain was the worst he'd ever known.

    Take care. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card Mary! I haven't been over for a while to visit but this was definitely worth it. Love that sentiment and the design of the card. I may have to CASE this one. Your DH has good taste. (He picked you, right?) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Mary, such a fabulous stamp and lovely traditional Christmas colours.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. is in so much pain, I do hope that he manages to pass his kidney stone and doesn't need any interventions.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful scene and I'm glad you kept at it because it came out great. The truck does remind me of some that were around when I was younger. The embossing folder you used is perfect for the background. I'm sorry to hear about hubby. I hope this resolves or dissolves itself soon with no other treatment and he is pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Mary!! The truck and trees are gorgeous!! The colors are fabulous!! And what a fun sentiment, too!! I hope your hubby is able to pass the kidney stone soon so he isn't in pain anymore. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that rustic truck image and your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Mr and hope that he is able to pass it soon!! Please give him my best wishes.

    Your card is fantastic, I just adore that truck and the colours are wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about Mr, hope all sorted soon Mary.
    Great card design, fabulous truck and stamping.
    Mary hope you dont mind me saying, but have trouble reading you text on a dark background colour..
    hugs Pam ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Mary, super image and a brilliant design

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image and colouring the trees and embossed background look brilliant and I love the fun sentiment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooops forgot to add hope your hubby passes the stone soon and without any other procedures
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that stamp and the fun way you colored your truck, Mary! Great job on the background too. You chose some wonderful, realistic colors for your trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, I almost missed this card somehow, but it's GORGEOUS! I just love that truck image and how beautifully you've colored it! Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sentiment very well (also the Christmas trees have had better days before Christmas... LOL) and your scene is very well assembled!!! Well done!
    I am so sorry to hear about your hubby and hope that he feels well soon! Kidney stones gives a lot of pain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow! I am so loving this card Momma Mary!!!You have colored this truck fabulously and so real looking. Love the tree background and of course the tree in the truck. The sentiment is perfect as well! Sure hope hubby passes those stones without any problems. I know how it is between my kidney stones and saliva stones-no fun at all!!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a super card Mary and love the beautifully coloured truck full of trees, and then more trees in the background, and a wonderful embossed background behind, and what a great idea to use glossy accents on the windows. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mary, this is beautifully colored and wonderfully designed. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear about your poor husband! I've heard that kidney stones are incredibly painful! I hope that he can pass it soon!

    Your card is great and perfect for that hilarious sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You kept at it and it's perfect! Love that truck and what a wonderful and appropriate sentiment for our age!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Mary,love how you have added the rust effect to the truck.

    ReplyDelete