Followers

12/08/2017

Thinking of You

Hello again, back with a couple of the snow pictures and a card that had to be mailed today. I'd done the apples to put on a Thanksgiving card, but decided the image would work well on this mica background. Just learned that one of my cousins has a brain aneurysm, and fortunately she got medical attention when the symptomatic headache started. I'm reading more & more - or hearing about folks - who develop intense headaches. These are people who seldom have headaches...then get a very severe one, that doesn't go away with aspirin or Over the Counter stuff like we all use. Then if the blood pressure is checked,  it's elevated. This cousin knew what had happened with SIL, so got a fast appointment to learn there's a problem. She will be getting it repaired next week. I know she's frightened, so thought perhaps a card might cheer her, to know prayers are being said. One of my brothers said "We're all falling apart". True!!!



- The background was made using Saffron Mineral Burst as a wash on 98# mixed media c/s. Then sprinkled some of the red brusho crystals over it. I was careful, as I didn't want to lose the lovely golden color of the mineral burst. I tend to get a bit carried away when I'm sprinkling the crystals, as it's such fun to watch the colors bloom.

Used a pretty EF with a pattern at top and bottom, just for a little dimension. The apples have some WoS on some. This image was a boo-boo. Had colored an image, die cut it, and was trying to sponge an antique looking edge around the diecut. Well, that just made a big mess. Cut out that basket, but stamped another one and colored, die cut. Used the messed up one behind the re-done one, and used a stylus on both images to create a little lift to some apples. IRL it looks nice. Doesn't show in the photo.

- Stitched fish tail banner with the sentiment, remembered to tie a ribbon before adhering to the cardbase, and it's done, mailed today.


Here's some Snow pictures of our surprise today.






Thanks for the feedback on the font size change. I do appreciate all who took time to let me know their thoughts.

Added a pretty card to the Cards by Friends page, which I hope you will take time to enjoy.

Hugs & have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting. I'll try to catch up visiting over the weekend.



22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary but WOW to me that snow scene [photos] are like a fairy tale to me...such beauty..TFS these..xx[aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! The background is so beautiful!! I love the basket of apples!! Wow, I can't believe the snow!! I'm north of you and we haven't had any accumulation...yet. It's in the forecast :( Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks wonderful and I love the apple image. Praying all goes well with your cousins surgery next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your basket of apples are so beautiful, Mary and I'm sure your cousin will appreciate your lovely card so much!!!! The bg colour are so perfect to go with the red and white!!! Thinking of you guys in this very difficult time!!!!
    And, WOW, I enjoyed the snow photo's!!! It looks like pictures from a fairytale land!!!! Sooooooo beautiful!!!! TFS.
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, Lovelyt cvard for your cousin.

    Snow looks nice, but I don't like going out in it if it's slippy. We are due some snow tomorrow (Sunday).

    You stay safe and warm. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will love that beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for all your family's health problems, Mary!... Hope that all will going better soon for all!
    Lovely card for your cousin, surely she will appreciate it! It's so sweet and the apples are wonderfully colored! Wonderful background and love that ribbon with bow!
    Your place with snow is so beautiful and peaceful! :)
    Stay warm!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card!! Nice pictures of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Mary.
    Snow here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOPS, I commented on your snowfall on the previous post! I'm so glad your cousin got her attention quickly. Your family has had more than its share of medical issues. Hopefully 2018 will be healthy. This is a pretty card with a lot of detail. I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Momma Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin! But thank God she was able to get help for it right away!!! That is key from what I've heard with aneurysms. But of course God is in charge but knowing to get help can greatly help improve the situation. I know she is scared, but I will be praying with you all for her. Your card is simply beautiful! I love the basket of apples and the way you have colored them. I also love your beautiful background. I was so in awe when I saw the colors bloom with the powders as well. lol Hard not to get carried away with them! Just started snowing here a bit ago. They said it was to dry last night and earlier this morn for it to reach the ground. I just can't believe all the southern states that was hit with this snow. There goes my idea of moving south out of the cold and snow. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty background - the touch of red coordinates perfectly with the basket of apples. Your cousin will love it. Hope all goes well next week. We have just started getting the snow this morning. It is now just starting to lay on the grass. Your photos are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, Mary. Those apples look good enough to eat! I hope your cousin will find comfort with it. Thank the Good Lord she found it in time for treatment. So many ignore those kind of symptoms. Your snow is pretty but I hate driving in the stuff. We are getting snow right now but I doubt it will stay around very long. I am happy to stay inside and watch it from my window. Take care! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super card Mary, a lovely image and fabulous background.
    I do hope your cousin makes a full and speedy recovery.
    Lovely photographs of the snow, I hope it doesn't cause you any mobility problems though.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card you created Mary, you sure are having family health issues lately, hope all goes well with everyone.
    We will be getting the white stuff tomorrow according to our weather forecast!! sure has been cold enough for days now.
    Take care Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Mary I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I am sure you want 2017 to be over, it's been a horrid year for you. This card will be just the thing to let her know you are thinking about her. I love the image and the background is wonderful. To say I am jealous of your snow is an understatement!! I would so love to have some and although parts of the UK are getting quite a covering I think it is going to miss us!! Never mind there's still time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry your cousin is having to deal with this serious issue, but thank goodness she recognized the signs and took immediate action which may have saved her life. She will appreciate this pretty card I'm sure, and after all, don't they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away? Great connection there and I wish you both the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really gorgeous card, love the background and those apples look gorgeous and so does the background.
    We have had a few flurries of snow today but it wasn't as much as yours.
    My Mum died of a brain aneurysm, unfortunately it was a new Doctor and because she has suffered from migraines in the past he just put it down to that.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore your pretty basket of apples Mary and this is sure to cheer your cousin, and do hope that the operation sorts the problem out for her. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best thoughts for your cousin, Mary! It's good they found the aneurysm. Love the apples and I'm sure this card will cheer her. It must be very frightening for her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear about your cousin, Mary. All the best to her!! This beautiful card will be sure to cheer her. LOVE the gorgeous background with your mineral bursts. The basket of apples is so adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card for your cousin and I hope the saying works - An apple a day keeps the doctor away! So jealous of your snow pictures, we have just had rain and wind. :(

    ReplyDelete