Followers

7/04/2015

DeeDee's Digis to Celebrate July 4th

Good evening, and to all my American friends, HAPPY JULY 4th!  Apologies for not having this card up last evening, but the downstairs printer would not connect to the Wi-Fi and print. We had a thunderstorm yesterday, so don't know if that affected anything. This morning, I checked plugs, all the other stuff you troubleshoot, then later in the afternoon, booted up, tried again...Voila, I'm connected to the Wi-Fi. Began to wonder if there is a limit on how many electronics we can connect to the network, with the 2 new Smart phones in mind.

You need a fast card? You wanna think DeeDee's Digis? Well, I certainly did. This is the first year, since I've been involved in this stamping/card making hobby, that no 4th of July cards were made & sent. However, DeeDee's Digis to the rescue with this really patriotic set...American Teddies. Absolutely nothing was done aside from printing the image, finding a die to cut the elements, hunting up some papers, and Done! I wanted to at least get a post up to commemorate the day that is so special for the United States of America.  So here goes:

 
 
- MFT Xstitched rectangle die to cut Betsy Ross Bear and the sentiment. (Psst...there's another cute bear in the set, along with some nice patriotic sentiments)
 
- MFT Stitched Fishtail banners
 
- patriotic colors of sequins and some BoBunny from an old 6x6 pack (perhaps last year's?) and some really VOS from the Paper Studio.
 
It doesn't get any easier (or faster!) to make a card than this. If you're ever in a situation where you need a cute image, that basically makes the card all by itself, do check out DeeDee's Digis. The prices are so very reasonable, super fast downloads and there's a really cute set available for July Set of the Month. If you participated in last month's challenge, you should have already received this set in your email. (If you participated but didn't receive the set, please contact DeeDee at deedeesdigis@gmail.com -- sometimes things do go wrong with email). If you did not participate in last month's challenge, you can still purchase this set for just $1.25 this month at the shop. You can find it HERE.
 
Hope you'll have a few moments to check out the Cards by Friends tab, and see the lovely cards sent by some very sweet friends for my birthday. Also, I'd like to thank all those who were kind enough to take time to leave so many good wishes for my day. Of course, my very best loved present was our DD coming up for a few days. We had lovely visit, just enjoyed having some precious time together.
 
Also be sure to check out the new HLS Christmas Challenge  which has its very first appearance today and is open for the month of July. There's some DT cards to inspire you, and remember, the countdown to Christmas is closer than you may think.
 
Thanks for joining me this afternoon. I hope if you celebrate our country's Birthday, you have a happy, safe and most enjoyable day. Big hugs. 

31 comments:

  1. What a sweet image! Happy 4th of July to you and Joe! We're still enjoying last year's gorgeous card you sent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamp for the occasion...the image is surely ideal as are the colours of course. Have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As cute as can be and I love all the sequins you added! FUN card!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy July 4th! There's still an hour left before it ends :)
    This is such a great card, and perfect for the holiday. Having been a flag-maker for 23 years, I'm partial to images like this :)
    I peeked at your cards, and I cannot stop laughing over the one Darnell sent you! LOL That's hysterical! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July to you and yours. By my time, there is still an hour left of July 4th but I think it must be Sunday already where you live. Sorry I missed it!

    Your card looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too had a thunder storm during Friday night Mary and it was a real humdinger, lasted three hours and 1.5" rain, then gave way to a very warm Saturday. Today looks like it will be the same although we are promised some rain.

    If it was a quick card you would ever know and loving the patriotic colours. Hope you had a god Independence Day.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card Mary - love the fact it was so fast for you to make.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Mary.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! Love the Betsy Ross Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th on the 5th! What an adorable image. Love that cute little bear. Don't you just love a card that falls together so easily. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely July 4th card Mary and I love the cute image and accompanying papers. I sang a couple of songs in a 4th July concert last night, so called because it was all American music, and it seemed to go down well so was pleased! Sorry but I didn't realise that you had recently celebrated your birthday so a belated Happy Birthday from me and have just had a look at your beautiful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful patriotic card Momma Mary! I love the banners and the sequins you added to the card. I also love that image from DeeDee. There isn't anything patriotic that I don't like! lol Your birthday cards are just beautiful! I had to laugh at the one Darnell sent you, that one was awesome and totally cracked me up. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi once again Mary, fabulous 4th July card, brilliant image and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card this is. I love her making the flag. I hope you had a nice visit with your daughter. How nice that she was able to come up for your birthday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a great make mary - I do hope you had a great 4th July xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant 'quickie' card Mary that image is so cute I love the banners at the side, hope you celebrated Independence day well.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card to celebrate your nation's birthday, Mary. Love the sweet image and the mix of patterned paper banners. Happy 4th!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card Mary, I just love the cute image and those sequins are a wonderful touch! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card Mary, a great image and love the paper borders and the dies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card...just so sweet. Love your bear sewing the american flag and all those wonderful sequins too. The perfect way to say Happy Birthday to our amazing country!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary, fabulous 4th of july card, perfect for the occasion.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card Mary, I love the patriotic colours and the image is so....cute. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment. You are very kind. I do hope you had a very happy 4th of July yesterday Mary. Have a good week and be happy! Take care of yourself.
    Huge hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet little patriotic image! Love the use of the patriotic banners too. A great 4th of July card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card Mary, and the image. I did think I might try and alter the flag to a quilt to make it usable for the UK but have not got around to it yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet, Mary!! The image is adorable!! I love the stars and stripes banners and the sequins you added!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!! My neighbors went a little crazy with fireworks, but they do every year!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've got very few precolored images, but I'm planning to increase my collection as I'm not always in mood for coloring. Will check out this digi shop... Your card is really cute, with fab celebration themed papers and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great 4th July card and love the banners
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely
    warm hello from California
    Bibiana!
    Current #TBT Challenge at my blog: "Any shaped card"

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful design and fun colors Mary and a lovely way to celebrate the holiday.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, what a sweet image, Mary - love that cute little bear knitting a flag - surely she enjoys knitting as much as I do - would love to join her!!! As always, beautifully coloured!!!! Such a cheerful card for your special holiday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete