Followers

7/20/2015

Lavendar

Hi, thanks for popping in. Thanks for all the lovely comments on the Poppies (or tulips) cards - you all made me feel so special! I liked that stamp and it was easy to card up. I want to try one more - using an embossed black against a pretty background. I think that will look fab too.

Here's another flower card, no sentiment decided upon as yet. I love the smell of lavender (well some of the lotions or candles don't always have the fragrance that I'm expecting, but the flowers themselves do. I've tried to grow it but unsuccessfully).


- Stamp was purchased at a garage stamp sale last month, and I think it's a PSX*. (which is why I spied it). Stamped with a light gray, colored with copics, WoS, and a Sakura silver star gel pen.

- a snippet of textured and rather glossy Bazzill was cut with a S/B (don't remember which one, but had to do some creative trimming, as the snippet was just not 'quite' large enough, and cut off a tiny sliver on one side.

- largest open die from the same set cut the turquoise mat, and it's got a sort of mulberry texture - but is not mulberry paper. (Guess I'm trying to say it has purplish slubs in the pattern & is pretty IRL).

- you've guessed that the background is a brusho effort using purple and turquoise, which was intended to go behind the image. It didn't look right, so thus the other papers came into play.

- card base is a top fold textured green also from the snippet box, but it was a pretty good size snippet, so perhaps doesn't rightly qualify for the term.

A sentiment will be added when the occasion arises to need this card. I have lots of relatives who like flowers, so it could be a get well, thinking of you, happy birthday, whatever. A die sentiment or a small stamped tag would work just fine at the time.

Ya'll have a good evening. Come by when you can visit a while. And I'll do my best to return all visits. Sometimes I'm not always certain that my comments get published, but I do try to make sure to always return visits to those sweet people who leave wonderful comments. Big hugs.

*Double checked this stamp and it does not say PSX on it..in fact, I can't find any markings, but it sure does have the look of a PSX image I think. However, I'm pretty sure that PSX stamps were labeled with identifying marks, and this wooden stamp has none that I see! Just tryin' to be honest, folks!

31 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous, Mary!! I love the lavender!! The background looks amazing!! What a beautiful card this is!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that image. ... and you picked it up at a garage sale! Of course you did! The burst of Brushos at the corners is really effective. Thanks as always for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find that stamp was! Didn't PSX make wonderful stamps? I have some and still love them! Too bad they don't exist anymore (not that there aren't enough other companies out there now often releasing new must-have stamps every month!)!
    Very pretty card! It doesn't even need a sentiment! Just write or stamp it inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love lavender, and have lived with it mist of my life, as my mother grew it, and I have also grown it for years now.
    Your card is fabulous, and I live the way you have showcased the lavender.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    oh I love that lavender stamped image.
    It looks so real, and 3d.
    What a wonderful find at the garage sale.
    your Brusho background works so well with it too.
    Lovely shaped die cuts just finish off the creation wonderfully.
    Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Love the colours.

    Hope you have a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful lavender card, Mary!!! The colours are so beautiful and again your brusho bg is just great!!! Love that fancy die-cut behind the flowers!!!! Lovely for any occasion!!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Mary, love that lavendar and that spotty background.
    Just beautiful all together. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Mary and the smell of fresh lavender is one of my favourite things. I love the layers and the brusho background is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card Mary. I too like the smell of natural lavender. We don't have any in our garden but there is a lovely patch of it just outside the Key Stage 1 building at school. It made the walk into work smell nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, sorry I've been AWOL for some time, I have been seeing your creations though and they have been WONDERFUL. This is no exception, I love lavender in all forms, but especially the fresh flowers, we are lucky to have 6 plants in the garden small this year, but next year!!!!!

    Love that you have the lavender "off" the page, it certainly makes it stand out, just lovely. Hope to be around a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Lavender is so pretty, Mary! I've never tried to grow it but would like to! Love your lacy frame and the Brusho background. Stay cool. It's good weather to stay in and craft!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your poppies will look amazing using an embossed black against a pretty background Momma Mary, can't wait to see it! I am loving today's card! I, too, love lavender but not some of the scents that some perceive as lavender. lol The lavender stamp is amazing and I love the way you have colored it, your purple and teal mats look so pretty and I am loving your brush background. A very lovely card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty Mary! you always manage to make something that's so original, you're a clever lady my friend!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lavender card is real pretty Mary,I love the colours and the lovely die cut mats. I like fresh lavender too and just can't resist touching it to release the scent when ever I see it growing.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Mary, I love the image and your colours. I love lavender and I have quite a few in pots in the garden, the scent is divine, keep well, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Mary, I love the smell of Lavender flowers, your image, colors and layout is fabulous.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love lavender too, Mary ... and you've captured it beautifully here, against that filigree die cut and brilliant brusho background ... so charming! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful design Mary, I love lavendar as well :) I've been very busy with life in general and not as much time for my craft room or computer these days. But that will change when it's cooler out. Take good care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can almost smell them from here!
    Gorgeous card Mary! Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember some other company made some stamps that looked a lot like the PSX botanical stamps so maybe that is who made this one. This is quite a sweet card, love the colors and your coloring job. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another lovely design with beautiful colors and details. The card doesn't need a sentiment, but I think you will find a spot for it if you prefer. A very classy and timeless design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That lavender is so pretty and I like how you cut it outside the box. Great backgrounds Mary. Layering the three brings the colours all together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is one lovely stamp and so in the brush background, great make Mary.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Mary. The lavender looks gorgeous and I love the fab die behind the flowers. The splashes of colour are a perfect addition.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a lovely lavender make using your pretty Brusho background, Mary! I am happy to be back and settled in. My visit with Lolly was wonderful, but too short, just like when I met you and Bonnie. We could all of us sit and chat for hours and hours if we had the chance! I gave her a big hug from you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun bg! Love the image too - they go together perfectly. Great idea and pretty card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another and gorgeous card Mary! I love your sweet lavender, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can smell the lavender all the way to Texas. SO lovely and pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whether or not it's a PSX stamp makes no difference, because it's beautiful, and because it's so beautiful, the smell of lavender fills my senses just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete