Followers

7/29/2015

DeeDee's Pet Sympathy

Hello and welcome. Hope that so far your week has been good, but if not, then I hope it will improve as we draw closer to the weekend.

Some exciting things are going on over at Happy Little Stampers. Kylie is announcing the First Release of some very versatile new stamps. The sets are being premiered over at the HLS BlogWhen you leave here today, why not pop over, check out the very simple rules for the contest, and see these new stamps. They are the kind of images we can all use in our stash for occasions, and it would be so fun to participate and perhaps win these new stamps! (I have a couple of sets on the way to my door, just FYI). Kylie ships internationally. Keep in mind that the Australian currency is a bit different from other countries. I paid for my sets via Paypal, and was delightfully surprised (and pleased!) when I saw how much less than I expected...the final price would be.

Now putting on my DeeDee's Hat: Today's card is a Sympathy card - but made for the loss of a pet. DD had to have her oldest greyhound put down in late June, just before she came up for my birthday. It was very hard to let go, and I didn't want to send a card immediately. Hopefully, the loss has had a chance to ease just a bit, so a card seemed timely. Found this easy-to-use DeeDee's Digi- and knew it would work for what I wanted. For a change, I didn't use a precolored image from the set, but the line art.

 
 
- Heart & paws digi was colored with Copics, a gold pen on the heart, a warm gray in the center. WoS was added over the gold.The sentiment is from the DeeDee's Digi set, and was simply hand cut.
 
- Lil Inker Rainbow & Clouds to die cut the rainbow from white snippet, then colored with Copics. Two coats of WoS created some pretty glimmer.
 
- an old wooden Japanese scene was partially inked to stamp just the bridge; colored with copics. This little scene was diecut with a MBox Cross Stitched Framed Borders.
 
- Impression Obsession Dog Set (DIE 170-R) for the 2 dogs...neither of which looks like a greyhound unfortunately. Various Copics from the E family colored white snippets to resemble Ossie. The standing dog is 3 layers to create dimension. Debated on adding grounding to each dog, but decided against that just because of the theme of the Rainbow Bridge.
 
- Background was created with airbrushing copics in light blue violet, violet (from the red/pink RV family) Blues (B family). Then going back to streak this surface with light shades from the YR & Y families of Copic to add some light, sunshine in the sky.
 
On the inside will go a copy of the poem "Meet at the Rainbow Bridge".  I think any of us who have lost a beloved pet, understand the comfort of knowing that our friends are waiting for us at this Bridge.
 
In the meantime, ya'll have a wonderful Wednesday & thanks for taking time to visit. Big Hugs.


30 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, what a lovely card and such a thoughful theme. It's devastating when your pet dies, and not many people realise that sending a card at this time can mean so much to the person. Beautiful design and colouring.

    I've been indulging today, Now Voyager was on tv. this afternoon, I just love it and Bette Davis is so fabulous. I had a few tears whilst watching it, always makes me cry, even though I've seen it so often I could take a part. Have a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful card Mary, I am sure Deedee appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is perfect. I'm sure your daughter will cry when she reads it, but she'll treasure it.

    Hope you are having a good day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Mary and I am certain your Daughter found comfort in the passage inside xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing a pet is so difficult to get through, and I'm sure your daughter will appreciate that you took the time to make this pretty card for her during those sad days. I love the addition of the rainbow and of course the rainbow bridge. The heart with pawprints on it is perfect to convey the message. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card for your daughter!! The image is so sweet!! Losing a pet is so hard. She will treasure this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect Mary, it will bring comfort I'm sure
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pet sympathy card Mary.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of images that work so well together. It's a lovely pet sympathy card, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always so difficult when we lose a beloved pet. I think your timing and your beautiful card are pitched just right and I hope it will bring comfort to your Daughter. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, Mary, just perfect for this sad occasion. I'm sure it will bring some comfort to your daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Mary, sure your Daughter found comfort from this, so sad when we lose a fur baby, and the poem you have put inside is beautiful to read.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad to lose a pet and this card is just right for this Mary. I'm sure your DD will appreciate all your nice touches and lovely words. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card for a very sad occassion,have been there a few times myself love all the images and great choice of verse
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card for a sad occasion Mary. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Mary. Your pet sympathy card is so sweet! Very loving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is such a difficult decision to have a pet put down. I feel for your daughter, Mary. I'm sure this card will bring her some comfort. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Mary, so sorry to hear about the loss of your DD's dog. It is hard to lose a beloved pet. I love the Rainbow Bridge poem and I agree it does provide comfort - I love this poem although it always makes me cry! You've made a beautiful card for your DD and I like the various images included - I can tell it was made with a lot of love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card Mary! I'm always saddened to hear of this when friends tell me such news but it's always nice to have a card on hand. Gorgeous coloring and beautiful way to showcase the Rainbow Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mary, I am so sorry for your daughter's loss. It is so tragic to lose a pet and I'm sure your card will be well received.
    Thanks so much for the shout out for Happy Little Stampers. You are the sweetest and it is much appreciated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very meaningful card Mary, love the images and design you used.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work Mary and such a thoughtful thing to do! Great partial stamping too! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what a lovely and special card for your daughter Mary!!! So sorry to hear about her special friend!!!! She will cherish this card for years to come!!!
    Love how you have combined the different elements - the rainbow is lovely!! Such great colouring!!! Beautiful!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a thoughtful card - you are such a sweet Mama!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so sorry your DD had to put her baby down. That's so hard! What a lovely tribute. I'm sure she will love this card! Great job on the coloring! I love the heart with the paws in it and the rainbow bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so sweet Mary. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. Love the little bridge scene image and how you incorporated the rainbow. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A sweet thing to do and a lovely job .........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww, I'm so sad to hear that DD had to had to put down her pup, I know he was having a hard time, but that never makes it any easier. Your sympathy card is just beautiful, love that heart with the paw prints in it and I love the way you have colored everything up. The Rainbow Bridge poem is so beautiful, a great poem for the inside of this sympathy card. My heart hurts for DD! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet and thoughtful card Mary! I love all your wonderful images, just the best pet sympathy card.
    And I do love Kylie's new stamps, they are so beautiful and I can't wait to all of mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aw! a heartfelt card for your friend, it's so hard to lose an animal, when their part of the family. This card will help her I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete