Followers

7/31/2013

Miscellaneous

Hello. Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the prayers & good wishes I have received from so many of you, regarding my cataract procedure - very early (!!!) this morning. Didn't sleep all that well last night, and 5am arrived extremely fast. We arrived at my scheduled time, and I was the doctor's first patient. Everyone at the clinic was so kind & understanding, which is great for the patients. Went back to the OR at the scheduled time, so no waiting, which I appreciated. That doesn't usually happen; if you've ever had to have any kind of surgery, you'll know that!

I was given Valium in an IV, and I'm very susceptible to meds like this. Didn't go to sleep, but felt sort of  'drunk'. During the procedure I worried mainly about having to suppress an unexpected cough (or the bathroom gambit!). Thankfully neither happened.

I kept thinking this time was taking longer than the one done in December, and that it was more uncomfortable. It's not actually painful, but it doesn't feel good. Of course you're being told "Just relax". Hmph, easy for them to say! When I was taken back to the recovery area & could see the clock, realized the procedure took the same time as my first one. I was given something to drink, which was a blessed relief, as my mouth & throat get so dry; and one is not allowed to eat/drink anything after midnight.

Once we got home, I used the drops as directed, changed my clothes, took a Tylenol - also as directed. Got back in the bed, and slept the rest of the morning. When I finally got out of bed, got dressed and we went for a ride to check out a new JoAnn's store that has opened in our community. I felt like I needed to walk off my wooziness. At the moment, what I'm having to remember is not to bend over, and of course I am managing to drop everything I touch.  I'm thankful that it's behind me, and now all I have to do is what I'm told to do, and say a lot of "Thank Yous". Including all of you lovely folks who wished me well. It meant a lot.

Have a great evening. And thanks too, for being so encouraging on my Wart Card! The Mr. said he is sticking by his original comment. LOL.

13 comments:

  1. JoAnn's is a GREAT place to walk off wooziness! LOL!!!! Glad all went ok Mary! I was thinking about you this morning. Get a good nights sleep tonight!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that all went well -- anticipation is often worse than reality --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your surgery well went and it's behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything went well Mary. Here's to a totally quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your surgery is behind you and now you can relax and have fun.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear it went well, and it's a good sign that you got up to go shopping!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just brightened up my morning - plus you got to go to JoAnn's as part of the recovery procedure.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really pleased that all has gone well. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you recover quickly, I'm sure it's a lot to go through. I also don't handle any meds well, and hate to have to take anything. Take good care of yourself ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary I am so happy to hear that everything went well!!! I am like you are with the Valium and don't know that it calms me down as much as it makes me feel drunk, and I don't like that feeling! lol Glad that you were able to walk off the wooziness at JoAnn's, if you gotta walk it off might as well walk it off at a nice store like that! lol Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear that all went well Mary. Take care and hope it all heals quickly. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're still progressing well Mary, rest your eyes, do as the dr tells you and you'll be back to crafting in no time at all. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad it all went well!

    ReplyDelete