Followers

12/21/2012

Christmas

Good morning, and here it is ...4 days until Christmas. I have been so happy to have heard the sales folks using Merry Christmas more this year. I got so aggravated the one year everyone was saying "Happy Holidays". As a Christian American, I KNOW what the holiday is all about, and I want to hear the greeting said in full. Now I respect everyone else's faith, but I want the same consideration in return. I don't think anyone should be offended at a salutation that represents any one faith...we ought to be respectful of them all. Off my soapbox now! On to the card. This one photographed better than I expected (which is not to say I think it is a good photo! I did like the card though). I chose not to put a greeting on the front of the card. I wanted to let the image speak for itself. The stamp is by Inkadinkadoo; I used Versamark, Ranger Queen's gold to heat emboss, Spellbinder die, gold mirror paper, Natural color textured Bazzill (the good quality kind), and piece of pretty gold glittery ribbon. I like this one, and it's going in the mail today. Hope it arrives before the day. Have a great day wherever you may be, and as always, thanks for the visit. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, the card is lovely and I think you did right not to include a greeting on it ... it looks good as it is. Here in Scotland I haven't heard anyone ever wish me Happy Holidays. In general, we wish each other either Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas. There is a debate ongoing that suggests that Happy Christmas is preferable ... the word merry can be used to mean under the influence of alcohol and, as the argument goes, should we really be encouraging folk to get drunk!!! Has the world gone mad?!?!

    I'm going to be busy visiting family so may not be popping in again until Monday so I hope you have a lovely weekend too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sentiment needed on this beauty! Love all the gold on here too Mary. Very pretty die you used with this image too! So pretty!
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete