Followers

4/12/2013

Fathers Day

Good afternoon, and I'm here with a card I intended to get entered into Outlawz Friday Copic/Promarker Challenge, but alas, once again, I am too late. I see I could still link but I think the April Showers theme closed awready. I'll share the card here and I do believe I may use it as a Father's Day for DH. He likes frogs...and I think this one is cute. He can just use his imagination to decide which one of us, is getting the shower.


- image is Penny Black, Frolicking Frogs, colored with copics on Xpress. Used a bit of Glossy Accents on the puddle & raindrops. Also hit the shower with a Stardust Silver Star pen prior to the Glossy Accents...so IRL it's quite sparkly

- diecut image with S/binders Labels 4, sponged with Memento Summer Sky while still in the die

- matted with Paper Studio Linen door - a 4.5x6.5 pack - and this paper looks a bit like 'grass paper', diecut with S/Binders 5x7 Detailed Scallops. I liked this lacy, grassy look behind the frolicking frogs

- cardbase made with the Grand Labels S/binder 4, on a turquoise shade of textured Bazzill. I tried some other blues, but liked this one best. I still have room for a slim-line sentiment at the bottom of the card.

I hope that you're having a pleasant Friday afternoon in your part of the world, getting ready for a relaxing or fun weekend. I understand that some of my blog buddies have a wonderful stamp show to attend this weekend. So have a grand time, don't buy anything I wouldn't like!!! Hugs to all who visit here. Come again soon.

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, this is way to cute. And plus green is my favorite color, LOL.

    Happy Friday
    Chris B
    http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabulous image and a great shape of card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Mary, this card is super cute! I love those frogs!! The lacy SB behind the frogs is so pretty and lacy looking-love that! The frogs are to stinkin' cute, I love how you colored them and I love that one is giving the other one a shower. lol Love that you made a shape card using a SB too, this will be a super cute card for Joe for Father's Day!! Gosh can you believe the months are flying by the way they are?!! Father's Day will be here before we know it. lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used my favorite colour combination on this cute card. Love the frogs:) and that is a very pretty lacy die cut behind them. Have a wonderful weekend! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, DH will love this card for Dad's Day, Mary! It is an adorable froggie image, so well colored and put together with that lace die mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mary - this sure did make me laugh out loud to say the least. Cute!! I am still horribly behind but do the best I can!! Do I owe you a letter?
    Love to you - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, cute! love the colours and fancy cut edge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green and blue...perfect for frogs...and I always love those colours together!
    This is a great image...so cute...brings a smile to your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally brilliant card Mary, love the shape and colours - plus the little froggies image is great - they look really happy, doin' what frogs do - playing with water!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete