Followers

12/14/2013

Chickadee Sticker

Whew, this is the last of some scheduled posts I did after my Sunday evening card making marathon. Now I have to stop and get some of those Northwood bird stamps I bought stamped and colored for my Sweeties. So this is another sticker from the VOS I've had in the stash.


- Stickers were in a ?K & Co pack? from years ago. The frilly mat is a trim out from the Decorative Label 8 snippet on the Gold & Silver Baubles card, in an earlier post. I positioned the larger die to cut the frame, placing a smaller one from the same set inside to create this mat piece. Embossed it to enhance the intricate design since I intended to use it as a mat for Mr. Chickadee. The round date sticker was from the same package. These stickers are on dimensional tape.

- plaid paper from a 4.5 x 6.5 Paper Studio Vintage Christmas pack that I bought ?last year. Hobby Lobby still has this available in the postcard size and the 12x12 pack - at least last time I was in the store. Thought it went well with the plaid trim on the sticker.

- MS deep edge border punch from my travels, from a current year 6x6 Christmas pack.

Called it done. Now need to do some inserts (which I would love to decorate like some of the wonderful cards I see on blogs...but doubt I'll have the time to do more than stamp a verse). I need to get some labels made up and printed out for the envelopes; that's just about as decorated as I get with the envelopes. Some of the ones I've enjoyed, were nearly as pretty as the cards inside. I'd have a hard time trying to preserve the envelope if I received one that gorgeous.

Come again when you can. Hugs.

21 comments:

  1. Great use of those stickers on another very pretty card! I LOVE plaid and love this pattern!! Will have to check at Hobby Lobby for some. Thanks for the tip.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty and perfect Christmas card Mary !!! That chick is beautiful !!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card

    Seasons Greetings

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Mary! What a gorgeous sticker! Love that tartan paper too. Might have a go at recreating that paper with a Waltzing Mouse stamp I have

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary. Love the sticker image and the plaid paper - fabulous! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh plaid Christmas paper, doesn't get any better than that. Love those stickers also. Super pretty card, Mary. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mary love that sweet little image also that awesome background a really super creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mary love that sweet bird image also that awesome background this is a super creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful!! The sticker is gorgeous!! Love the plaid paper!! What an awesome card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a bird lover, I adore that bird. Such a pretty card and I think I have that plaid paper or have used it already. I bought a pretty stamp for my envies and forgot each would have to be colored so it didn't get used. No time for that this year. Maybe I'll be better organized next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of labels eight on chickadee, a great card Mary, God bless Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful sticker, Mary! I love chickadees! We have a few of the little Carolina Chickadees that come to our bird feeder and I always love watching them. Pretty lacy label and I love the plaid paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Mary, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colours most certainly do go with the plaid paper. Smashing looking card altogether. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tartan background looks wonderful for a Christmas card and the little bird is adorable. Another lovely card Mary! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Momma Mary! I love those stickers, so beautiful are those birds. I also love that label mat, so that is fancy and really dresses up the sticker if that is possible. I don't think I've ever seen such pretty stickers! Love the fabulous papers you used too, so Christmasy! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you really dressed up that sticker. Love the frame you put it in. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card Mary - I love Chickadees - they are my favorite birds.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! How fun to embellish the card around that gorgeous sticker (I like doing things like that with PB stickers and recycled store-bought cards!) hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that bird sticker...it looks fabulous with that tartan paper. Tartan always calls out Christmas to me!

    I always love Kand Co...love the stickers, the border strips, the sentiments...love me some K & Co!

    ReplyDelete