Followers

12/13/2013

Friday Fun Day Challenge #30

Good afternoon & big welcome. Since it's Friday (Errgh - the 13th!), you know that's it Friday Fun Day at Jo's Scrap Shack . So pull up a chair by the fire, have a cup of something hot, and let's visit for a little while, if you've got time.

Our theme for this Friday was selected by fellow DT member Amanda who chose the theme Winter. Our sponsor was Stamp Art Design by Kathryne and I chose this little guy (Snow Mail). Isn't he adorable? Colored up very easily too, after printing on Copic Xpress paper, and I used copic markers with some spica glitter pens.

Here he is:



- Outlined one Snowmail image with a Sakura silver star gel pen after airbrushing the sky with B0000. Colored a second copy with copics, fussy cut Snowy & Mailbird, which were popped over the silvery outline. The little touch of silver that shows underneath the arms, adds to the frosty feel.  Sparkle n Sprinkle Cloud 9 added along the ground for some snowy texture. S/B Deckled Rectangle die cut the focal image, and thin black mat cut with Perfect Layers Rulers, which I'm trying to learn to use properly.

-  Dylusions Blues created the background on 90# water color paper. Some sprays were pure color, some diluted, some mixed with white linen. I spritzed the paper first so that the sprays would run. Added some pearly spray & a spritz of gold after the colors had started to 'set', but not yet dried, so that I could tilt the paper & get some color spreading. Sometimes I blot with a paper towel - which I did on this one - sometimes just allow to air dry. Air drying gives a more marble look I think. Thought this piece created the illusion of falling snow.

- Impression Obsession die cut trees (DIE084-V) out of a white textured snippet, popped up with tape, added stickles on the branches for glittering snow.

- MS drippy goo border punch using a glossy paper snippet which made great icycles, added some stickles just cause I was in the stickles mood! :-). This border is for Halloween I think, but it made some good icycles too.

- Winter sentiment is from the 3 Twenty Crafts Winter Wonderland set, stamped on a white snippet inked with Memento Bahama Blue ink.

We'd love to see what you create using the Winter theme, so please pop over to Jo's Scrap Shack for the simple rules, link up and play along with us for FFC 30 this week. Do check out what the fellow DT members have created for your inspiration today.

In the meantime, have a wonderful Friday, get ready to enjoy the weekend. As always, thanks for visiting & come again when you have time to chat! Hugs

27 comments:

  1. That's the cutest little snowman with such a sweet face, and I love the little bluebird too! Those white trees, the icy border and gorgeous background make for one snowy-cute card! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious card for winter! Brrrr.....I get cold just looking at it. So cute with that precious snowman, and those trees......AH! I NEED those!!! Gotta check them out now. Very pretty card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww such a cute snowman Mary have a great weekend huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Mary, love the icicles at the top they look fab and such a cheerful looking snowman. Thank you for your comments on my blog too - you are very welcome to use my simple card idea - so happy to give you inspiration, take care and have a good weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a nice little chap and well coloured. The background is just right, a nice icy blue and the white trees and the touch of snow are lovely. The top border looks like dripping ice. Everything goes really well together. Lovely Mary. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, cute image and love the layout of the card, the backing is fabulous and I just love the die cuts, an all round brilliant card.
    Sorry I have not commented on your cards lately but I have been finding it difficult to stare at the computer screen for more than a few minutes as it has seemed so bright to me.
    Thank you so much for your comment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card Mary, I love the blue background you created, it looks great with all the snowy whiteness in the image and the lovely die cut trees.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mary, I like the image the colours and the frosty embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow, this card feels so frosty and cold! lol I love this card Momma Mary! The drippy goo punch makes for awesome icicles, I am so loving that cold, wintry background you made with the sprays-boy you are good at using them!!! And of course I just love this little guy and you have colored him so cute and his little bird friend! This card has so much texture on it that I just wish I could reach in and feel it! lol I think this little guy might melt at your house, so you will have to send him this way so he can stay around for a while since we are in the low 20's and teens. lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary. Your card is so sweet. I love the snowy scene you've created ...think I need to buy that icicle die! :) Adorable snowman ... and your sprayed backdrop is gorgeous as usual. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snowy and Mailbird are delightful, Mary! And that background is gorgeous! The die cut trees add wonderful dimension! A wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, Mary, this is gorgeous!! I love the drippy goo icicles!! The trees are beautiful!! And the snowman is adorable!! What a fabulous card!! It's freezing here and snowing again...maybe I'll just take a picture of the outdoors and link it up to the winter challenge (just kidding :) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, to answer your question about the heat resistant acetate. I embossed and coloured from the front and then covered the back with the blue. It's personal choice really. I think sometimes it's easier to colour in the embossed lines because it gives you an outline to help contain the colour. Hope this helps. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw, how DARLING, Mary! Super sweet die cuts, and wonderful colors and card design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Mary this card is absolutely frosty-licious! I just love that image and your bg paper... boy you are making the best backgrounds with your sprays. You are getting so good at it too!! Love this card, so wintery and frosty!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous winter wonderland you've created here Mary. Love the image and your snow and icicles are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a sweet snowman and a really beautiful card. I love the bg, may have to get some Dylusions I love that bg so they really appeal to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card !! That snowman is adorable and just perfect !!! Beautiful colors !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving your card, Mary. So beautiful. Your winter theme is gorgeous. Love the textures and techniques you've used. So beautiful. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't he soo very cute!! I love snowmen! Your card is full of cheer and snow!!! It has finally quit raining up here but the fog has us socked in that's for sure!!!
    Happy Holidays Mary!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Mary love that snowman image also those fabulous trees it looks like the North Pole
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, he is just adorable....snowman and birdie. Love your icicles. I have that punch and I think I've used it for both occasions, too. I like those added trees, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! This is Beautiful!!! Such a lovely and fun scene.
    Would love if you joined us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the trees. I think they really make this card. Super. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute snowman image. You have created a wonderful winter scene here...and great use of the "icicle border.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous Mary. I love your Winter Wonderland. The colours are beautiful. Love it all! xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete