Followers

12/06/2013

Friday Fun Day Challenge #29 at Jo's Scrap Shack

Hello and since it's Friday, you know it's time for Friday Fun Day Challenge #29 over at Jo's Scrap Shack. I hope you'll play along with us; the rules are posted on Jo's blog, and are very easy to follow. This week we are following a sketch, and our sponsors are Bugaboo and The Paper Nest .

Here's my card using a Bugaboo digi stamp since Bugaboo is the sponsor of my Team A.


- Bugaboo Christmas Bells printed on Xpress paper, die cut with a S/B circle & colored with Copics. Used a clear Wink of Stella pen for some shine on the bells and ribbon. IRL this gives a nice shine, especially on the bells, creating a look of real metal. Used a circle scallop S/B die as a mask to shade BG0000 shading around the bells.

- SU Top Note die for the green tree Kringle & Co. design paper, highlighting the stitching with a white gel pen. The reason I purchased this die was because I can't do a decent faux stitch, and a friend pointed out the stitching lines in this die.

- card base is from a 12x12 Colorbok pad picked up at Walmart ($5.99!) and the paper has sort of a metallic shine to it. Embossed with Brenda Walton Starry Night Flourish (658753-Sizzix - 2pk set).

- the scallop trim was a snippet from this card, using the 3 Twenty Crafts Background Builders. I used the dot border from the Builders set, inked in Memento Black Tuxedo, then punched with a Fiskars scallop border. You have to look very hard to see the dots, but they are there!

Haven't decided where the sentiment will go, but I'm thinking a small one popped up in the top left corner.

Thanks for visiting today, and please be sure to check out what my team mates have done for today's sketch challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack and if you have time, play along with us. We'd love to see your interpretation of the sketch, which you will see over at Jo's.

Hugs & have a lovely Friday.

16 comments:

  1. Mary, this is a fun, festive card. Great job on coloring the image. Nice embossing also. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, your top note die serves well for a stitched area. I love Christmas bells because they always remind me of the bells my Mother hung on the front door when I was a little girl. I loved them so much...such magic when you're so young.
    Such a gorgeous card with the trees and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I especially love that border. The colours are superb and I remember that post you did.

    My Mum always had a candy wreath on the front door. It had a big bow and a teensy pair of scissors dangled from the one tail and jingle bells from the other. I think her friend made them and we looked forward to it all year.
    Your bells remonds me of that!
    Great card mary...You are always so good about using your EF. One of my goals in 2014 is to use my folders more and to heat emboss!!! Time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this card Momma Mary! The embossing is fabulous, love the top note die and the cute bells! Love the look of your scalloped boarder, I can see the dots too! lol Great take on the sketch and of course I am in love with how you colored those bells. They look so real! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card Mary, and really like that Flourish EF and the faux stitching highlighted with the white pen makes that mat stand out from the background. Also great colouring on the bells and nice touch using the scallop die to give shape to the pale blue shading behind the bells. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Mary have a lovely weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! I love the embossing!! The bells are adorable!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty bells! I like that embossed background too. It reminds me of embossed tin like they used on ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love that Wink of Stella pen!!!!!! Just wish I could get it to show up in a photo because it really adds some pizzaz to things.
    Love your pretty card and the cute little bells. Very Christmas-y! The background is wonderful too and really like the Christmas tree DP!
    Have a good evening!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you made the top note from dsp and did the faux stitching with white! Very striking against that beautiful red embossing! I guess I'm just gonna have to cave and get me one of those wink of stella pens! Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card with the beautiful bells and embossing. Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many awesome details to this lovely little card. Love the shine you got on the bells! Wink of Stella - hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely, festive sketch, Mary! The coloring on your bells looks amazing, and your pretty DPs are very Christmasy! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary! Beautiful embossed card base and lovely designer paper ... those combined with the sweet Bugaboo digi makes a winning combination! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Mary - I do love red and green and your embossed background is smashing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary this card is stunning! I love that beautiful embossed look, the bells are so traditional and elegant for me and I love the traditional red/green colors!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete