Followers

12/11/2013

Joy to the World

Howdy & thanks for the visit this morning, on another scheduled post. Are you scurrying 'round as I am, trying to accomplish chores, and the faster you go, the further behind things seem to be getting? We really aren't doing that much decorating, since we'll be at our DD's for the holiday, so I'm not sure why I'm feeling a bit pressured. Guess it's just the time of the year, perhaps.

Here's today's card:



Found some stickers (VOS = Very Old Stuff) from years ago. Decided using some of these stickers would make for some quick cards. Think this was from a K & Co. package, from Michael's. A few years back some of my stamp group buddies were making beautiful & fast cards using stickers like these, so you know me: Miss Copy if I can person. Didn't get very many made that year though...came in handy for this one however.

the papers are from more VOS - Paper Studio Christmas packs. The red stripe-y backing on the dimensional sticker is from a new 6x6 Christmas pack. Don't know which one, as I have a bunch of these piled on the desk, and I just flip through several trying to find a sheet that looks good on each project. I did hunt up the VOS packs though, because I wanted some 'shiny' papers for the trimming. Even the card base cover is a textured piece from the pack.

Memory Box die sentiment cut from a snippet of gold mesh texture Paper Studio, and now that I look at this for a bit, I think a red might have been a better color choice. Alas, it's stuck down now, and I'm not going to try to pull it up. Thought about trying to adhere red lettering over it, but....I think it's gonna go in the mail as it is.

Hope you like this one. It was a pretty fast card for me, other than hunting up the papers. Thanks for the visit, enjoy your day. Big hugs from me to you.

21 comments:

  1. We all seem to be in the same boat this year Mary. I will be leaving a lot of things undone I'm afraid because I am so rushed at present. I really like your card and it certainly doesn't look like a quick one. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy........:-) K&CO has the prettiest things. Your ornaments look great and I sure wouldn't change the sentiment...looks good. When I start changing things, I ruin something. I ruined my favorite snowman card recently by trying to make a change and it is now in the garbage. Ugh.
    Have a good day, Mary.

    I've really been stressed but hope things turn around today. I want to enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than sticker fun I say! And these are so pretty!!! Love the die cut sentiment too. VERY pretty card.
    Slow down on all the racing around. Christmas will be here before we know it - and then it'll be over with.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Mary. Love all the panels with the different colors and patterns. Beautiful ornaments and love the "joy" die-cut. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. K & Co products are always good and the papers you have used complement the stickers really well. I'm still making cards but not getting on as quickly as I would wish. Anyway, Mary, this certainly doesn't look like a quick card. it's lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!! I love the stickers!! The Joy is gorgeous!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary this is a fabulous card great use of stickers, I am always finding stuff from years ago that I can still use.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Mary and love those stickers. This time of year is always busy busy busy LOL take care huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful card, great baubles and colours and the sentiment is one that is not often seen these days, love it .

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the traditional colours in this card and the the textures and patterns make a lovely backdrop for the baubles.
    I am glad to say I have finished making Christmas cards, and they are all written and mostly posted. I have still got a couple of other projects to do this week and a birthday card to make though.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love those dangling ornaments!! Wonderful use of the stickers, and who cares how long it took to put this together - it looks wonderfu!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary sad to hear you are sad! When the title is joy, especially - we do stress ourselves out.
    Love this card brilliant work.
    Now relax rejoice rest in our great God and His gift dear sweet Jesus, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Mary! Apologies for being such a bad commenter recently, the days just seem to vanish at this time of year!

    Your card is lovely, the colours are so rich and Christmassy, and the baubles are fab! go, you, for using up your stash! I'm so often tempted by shiny new things that I abandon the older things! I must do something about that! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful, I really like all the layers. I have tons of sticker, need to do something with them :) take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. always fun to make quick cards. i love the traditional colours and especially the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful - the stickers are great! There is nothing wrong in making a quick card - often the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in the same boat Momma Mary, feeling very hurried and getting more and more behind! lol I love this card!! Those ornaments look fabulous and I love the papers you used! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are creating up a storm kid - would you please make it a snow storm!!
    Sandy Claus

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes fast cards are just what is needed! Thsi one looks great and using the VOS is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes fast is just what is needed. Great looking card and also great that you were able to use up those stickers. I think i am going to have to make it a goal that I spend one afternoon or even one evening a month using up my VOS stickers and sentiement stickers to make some fast cards too. They really help to fill the finished cards baskets! And we can always use more in those baskets.

    ReplyDelete