Followers

12/09/2013

Jeweled Memory Box Tree Snippety Bits

Good afternoon and it's still raining in our area. No snow or ice though. Warm thoughts going out to those who do have the cold & ice or snow. Also warm welcomes to 2 new followers as well:
Lisa  of A Mermaids Crafts and Ann of Just for Fun.  Thanks for joining me here, and folks, do please take time to pop over for a visit to these wonderful blogs.

You're going to get very tired of seeing so many Christmas cards here, I expect, but I've got to get some finished. So here we go with today's card:


I'm not going into all the specs as to what company products I used. I found the negative of this Memory Box tree die (from last year) in my snippets box. Decided it would look nice against the mirror green c/s - embossed with a Darice diagonal stripe EF, MS punch trims to the side, and some tiny polka dot paper. The silver star was an MS punch from glitter paper (a snippet) and the punched border trim also snippets. Then just added a bunch of tiny jewels as ornaments. Had saved this negative to use as a mask for spraying, decided it would do for a focal piece instead.

Since I've got snippets, snippets and more snippets, you know I'm headed for the Snippet Playground, week 102. I have been told to wear mittens, and promised some eggnog. Love me some good eggnog! If you care to join in the fun, I'm sure you would be offered a glass of festive 'nog. So com'on along...love to see ya there. All you have to do, is bring a card with a snippet or two on it, and that's the ticket to get into the Playground.

Have a lovely afternoon, stay warm & cozy if it's cold in your part of the world, and Plenty Hugs. Come again when you have time.

20 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you get an awesome card from a "snippet"? Best thing about this card, is that I just got that die cut! I'm so excited, 'cause now I can use the positive and negative parts! Thanks for sharing Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love how you used your mirror paper and the wonderful die cut tree negative. Waste not, want not. :-) You've decorated your tree so pretty with ornaments. Really merry and festive. If you get eggnog, save some for me. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,

    What a nice Christmas card. I love all the details that went into the making of it.

    It was 12 degrees when I headed to work this morning (yes, I'm at work now but am taking a lunch break). I am hoping that this may come to an end soon! More snow is predicted in the next few days.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. This negative die cut looks great layered over the lovely green background. I like the diagonal EF as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes l agree Mary the negative makes a lovely card and l really like what you have done with it. Weather not too bad here in UK - could not believe it was 8 degrees at 7pm when l took son to cadets x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another WOW card! That background green is so rich and pretty looking and then to top it off with the embossing.....WOW! Love the negative tree too and of course the star on top! Outstanding and beautiful card for Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all this shine! And I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This works well Mary, nice strong colours. I'm like you still making Christmas cards. Love the different colour gems on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Mary!! The tree looks amazing!! You decorated it so beautifully!! I just love this!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is extraordinary with all that mirrored cardstock and beautiful colors! I especially like those fancy borders and all the decorations & star on the tree! GOR-JUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, sorry I haven't visited in a while. I eventually got my new computer up and running but everything is just slightly different from my old one but"I'm getting there". Whenever you ask my cousin how she is that is her stock response. Being cheeky I always want to ask her where she is going! ANywa sorry about the waffling! Beautiful tree on this card. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary this is lovely! What a fun christmas card love the colours :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Mary - just gorgeous!!! Didn't you once say you loved Christmas most of all!
    Beautiful day in the mountains today - sun is out and warmer temps. The birds outside even sound like spring!!!!!
    Happy Holidays Sugar!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of your negative die-cut Mary. Love all the elegance from the mirror papers. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like a bit of sparkly I do. this is lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card this negative cut made Momma Mary! I love the gems on this tree, really looks like ornaments or tree lights. Love the mirror paper and other paper and of course that beautiful embossing! I never tire of looking at your cards be it Christmas or other themes. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!!!! I love this tree and the reflection that the paper gives!! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastically glitzy Mary!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how lovely Mary - all the glow of the jewels - fabulous!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my favorite cards over at the Playground, Mary!! Lots of us are ooohing and aaaahing over it and you can see our breafs when we oooh and aaaah!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete