Followers

12/18/2013

Christmas Truck

Good morning and we're counting down to the Big Day...7 more to go. My blog followers pictures had disappeared from its location for several days, and it appeared again yesterday. Did anyone else have the same problem? Also got some sort of error message as I opened up the New Post feature this morning, don't know what that was about!

Here's the card I did for Mr. DH and it's pretty simple. It's a cling red rubber stamp purchased at the September stamp show, colored with copics (airbrushed background) and die cut with S/B label 28. Impression Obsession popped up tree.


Papers are from some VOS Paper Studio packs, with an MS border punch covering the join. Several snippety pieces on the background & embellies, but time won't permit me to play in Pixie's Playground today (DH just wandered by and said "You need to get up from that computer and get busy". Hmmmm). However - if you have a few extra minutes, I'd invite you to pop over, have some roasted chestnuts & enjoy some lovely cards that the Playground Elves are sharing.

This is one of the simpler cards I've ever made for DH, but as he is a truck person, I think he'll like it. He's never had a blue pickup (we've had dark green and the last 2 were shades of gray- the current one being a very pretty silver gray). Thought this blue would show up prettier on a card. Shaded the IO popup tree with DI Pine Needles.

OK, that's it for me today. We're hoping to head to DD's house in Florida for the holidays, so got lots to get done today. I'll have a scheduled post tomorrow with some more of the lovely handmade cards we've received (at least that's the current plan).

So enjoy your day and thanks for your visit. We have sunshine - which made it hard to photograph without getting shadows. But that's ok, I'm loving having the sunshine. You have a lovely Wednesday, thanks for joining me, and many Hugs coming to you from me. I'm going to start saying Merry Christmas as a closing...just 'cause I love to say it.

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Mary!! I love the truck image with the trees in the back!! What an awesome card!! My followers disappeared for a while, too. I was afraid they were gone for good but they reappeared yesterday, thank goodness!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stamp! Hope you get all your chores finished soon huni so you can kick back, relax and spend some special time with your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Mary, I'm sure your DH must have loved it, or perhaps he hasn't seen it yet. Also great MS border, stands out beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Mary, especially for the man in your life. Great colouring and love the shape of the die.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, what a nice card! I love the colours and detail, and it brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this truck image AND card, Mary. I love to see vehicles hauling a tree/trees. Looks to be headed home for decorating.

    I've been in the kitchen ALL day getting dishes prepared to cook tomorrow for my dinner party. I'm so glad to get to sit down for a bit.

    My followers were gone for a day or so, too. They're back now. But, I'm getting a message (not just on Blogger) about a gwt.xml module file error. I just don't have time for this right now. I did look it up, though, and it gave info about what to do about it. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Mary, and what a fun little truck image!
    Yep, I had all my followers disappear also, and blogger was quite contrary yesterday too! Windows opened slower than normal and I had to keep refreshing, but things appear to be going smoothly now. Upgrades I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple? does not look simple to me, Mary! Wonderful colors, so vibrant and lively! Google has been making changes again, and lots of weird things are happening. I'm disappointed not to be able to sign out and sign back in with a different email address.

    In the meantime, google is free, so we are lucky for that, right? I like the way you have shadowed your Merry Christmas sentiment, and colored the trees so brilliantly! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card...I love that truck image...DH has a truck as well and considers it his baby.
    Now you have my mind racing...thinking of a truck card for him!
    Love the design and the papers...so festive!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas at your daughters. I am coughing slightly less so managed to get some sleep last night...which means Mr Scrappymo managed to get some sleep too. Think it is down to the codeine in the prescription! Bless that wonderful elixer...got a call to pop into the doctors so yuou and I know what that probably means!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Mary, I like the truck and the trees
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Momma Mary, I love this card!!! Great for any man who loves their trucks which is most men! lol I haven't had that happen with the pics of followers, but I haven't been posting a lot either so wouldn't have seen it if it had. Glad that the pics are back and all seems to be good. Enjoy your visit and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he will love this card. I hope it doesn't make him think he would like to have a new blue truck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card Mary --- do you have a pick up?
    Merry Christmas kid!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card Mary! I always love pickups with trees! Brings back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete