Followers

12/05/2013

Northwoods Christmas Joy

Good afternoon, and welcome. Sorry that I've been MIA, but after getting home Sunday evening, somehow I've just not been motivated to do anything but just idle around. We got things unpacked on Monday, had some bills & phone calls to handle..and the week has been very gray & dreary. Raining or misting off & on, and weather like that really affects my mood. I'm one of those people who need sunshine. I can do ok with a day or 2, but I was already a bit blue about saying goodbye to the DD. So I counted my blessings, gave me a pep talk, and tried to snap out of my funk.

OK...things are better, and last night I did work on some cards. (Next I need to work on updating my die database, and CLEANING MY STAMP AREA!). Whoo Hoo...Santa ain't coming to see me cause he'd take one look and think he'd break his neck to venture in that room.

I wanted to say Thank You to some new followers:

Starcyl  (I'm sorry I don't have a blog link for Starcyl, so if you see this post, please contact me, so I can post your link.) 

Please do yourself a huge favor and check out these blogs. I can promise you're in for a lovely visit to some extremely talented card makers. Thanks Bloggers for joining this blog. You're helping me reach my next goal of 200 followers, and I didn't expect to have ANY followers except a few local friends, when I started this blog in March of 2012. (THINK BLOG CANDY!)

Here's today's card:


- Northwoods stamp, colored with copics. Gold done with a Signo pen. This pen had way too much ink being released, and does not give a nice fine line either..but none of the other gold pens I had worked any better. For some reason, I had a hard time coloring & shading on this image. Dunno why...it's a lovely image.

- S/B Marvelous Square die cut, then airbrushed with B0000, then with BV0000 just along the edges. Some green rhinestones to dress up the corner.

- Colorbok(snippet) metallic paper mat punched with a MStewart Snowflake punch.

- Farm House 6x6 Norland Paper pack - music pattern- on the white card base.

- Sentiment from an older Hero Arts clear set, stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Blush Rose ink, heat embossed with Ranger Clear EP. Second guessed myself as to whether I should have done this the way I did, or stamped on another piece of white cardstock & layered. I liked this effect at first...now I'm wondering....hmmmm...I was trying not to cover all the pretty music paper.

So have a lovely afternoon. As I've been typing this post, Mr. Sun looks like he might be trying to get brave enough to just peek out. The sky is not so dark. Thanks for visiting, and many hugs from me to you.

Oops, nearly forgot that since I have a bit of snippet on the red mat, I can go play with the Playground girls for Week 101. Miss Pixie reached her goal of 100 entries for the Big Anniversary Week, even though I wasn't able to help out any. Hoo-Ray for the Elves, and do take a little visit to the Playground if you have time. Maybe submit your own card...only rool is to use up a leftover scrap (or snippet as we call 'em  in the Playground! Can be large or small..just whatever you have handy). Lots of good fun, some jazzy prizes too, and wonderfully talented folks to chat with. Bye now!

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Mary, I like the baubles and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely joyful card Mary, the baubles are nice and bright and I do like the word JOY especially on Christmas cards. I love the die cut Square as well, I have that set of dies and this is the best bit in my opinion.
    I'm so glad you had a good visit with your daughter, how lovely to be able to visit all those lovely craft shops too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mary, love the bright baubles. Hope you are soon feeling back to yourself but it really does not look like you are out of inspiration as this card is lovely x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Northwoods has the prettiest stamps and this is one of them. Love it! I do like the sentiment stamped directly onto that pretty musical paper. Gorgeous card!

    I need that sunshine, too, Mary. I know just what you mean about dark, dreary days. It is pouring rain here right now and will be even worse tomorrow....may get a few snowflakes tomorrow night in just this corner of the state. We'll see. That would be fun! I also know how you are missing your daughter because I'm missing my son since we left from our visit. We'll just have to take our minds off it with crafting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love, Love, Love the Merry Christmas stamped on the musical notes!
    This is a wonderful image and love those pretty dies!

    Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Hard to say goodbye I know. Wonder if those special lamps would hep on those misty, grey days.

    I have been busy addressing cards, getting them signed and off tot he post box Got the nativity up today and the special fairy lights I use are burnt out. Methinks a trip to Michaels might be in order!

    My dining room table has a sea of ornaments all over it. 6 rubbermaid bins full to be precise...I like to lay them all out and then hang them...if I know how many have of each colour and size, then I find it easier to balance the tree.

    Tree comes in tonight and needs fluffed...it is fake and I like to fluff out the branches a bit. Tomorrow the grandkids some for a sleepover (to make cards for their teachers) and we will start to decorate the tree with them. They do the bottom third!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good trip and got back safe and sound! Know you hated to come home - and especially to bad weather!

    LOVE your beautiful card. Those ornaments are shaded just wonderful and love the bright colors. And speaking of LOVE - that frame!!!! Ah, it's awesome and fits this stamp perfectly! So lovely!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back Mary, I totally understand what you mean about lack of motivation.... Your card is so beautiful, bright and cheery and I love the flourishes in that wonderful sentiment. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card Mary, and I really like the baubles on the branch which you have coloured beautifully. Mounted on that red card makes that intricate die shape stand out nicely as well. With regard to the sentiment, perhaps if you had lowered it to that bit of space just below, it would have had a slightly clearer background, but I can see why you didn't want to cover too much of that music paper as it makes a super background. Hope the weather brightens and makes you feel better. xx





    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are back safe and sound!! I always have a hard time getting back into the swing of things after being gone. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love the stamp!! It's colored perfectly!! The music paper is beautiful, too!!

    I thought I was already a blog follower but I just realized I am only following by Bloglovin, so I corrected that :) Have a wonderful evening and have fun cleaning!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad you made it home in spite of the gloomy weather. we've had it all day and will continue having it for the next few days, so I don't think any sunshine is heading our way for a while. Oh well, time to make cards I guess :) I love this image with those colorful ornaments! You've made quiet a pretty card here, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you are home safely, Mary! Sunny days are coming along with some COLD temperatures! I love the elegant frame and these pretty ornaments! And the musical background paper with the stamping and red mat are so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Mary, I love the colours you've used on your baubles. Very pretty square die cut too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful card Mary - I love it. Super to spell out Joy on the baubles too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super image, beautifully colored. Love the background paper, with the sentiment stamped on top. The die is so elegant with the rhinestones in the corners giving it the perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Momma Mary, I am loving this card! The colors are just beautiful and since it is pouring down rain here, it is my sunshine! If you had a hard time coloring this image no one would ever know it. It's colored so perfect!! Love the gold accents too. I am a person who needs sunshine too and we haven't been getting much of it either. Won't see any today I suspect either. But I guess I will take the rain over the ice that is supposed to come up from TX, don't want the ice! Have a wonderful day Momma Mary! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to say goodbye to someone you don't get to see too often. Glad you're home and getting back into the swing of things. This is a pretty card with a happy sentiment. The gold looks so pretty on the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, Mary, and welcome home! I'm with you on the sunshine and the feeling blue without it. I've heard that it is a very real condition, proven scientically! We would never do well living in the Northwest, would we? Wishing you sunny days ahead - and congrats on all the followers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh! LOVE this image, Mary! Next time you come this way, maybe you can pack it so we can share? LOL Your coloring is amazing! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Mary. Love the pine branch and the JOY ornaments - and love the colors you've used - they really with the red frame. Love the music background - perfect for Christmas cards! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete