Followers

12/28/2013

Family, Dogs & Boats

Welcome to my world on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I am here with just the granddogs, as the family  deserted me. DH decided he was bored with watching football & went for a long walk. DD & SIL went off to do some errands. I didn't feel like getting gussied up to go out in public, and was finishing up some laundry, so here I am - dogsitting.

I would like to say a warm welcome to 2 new followers: Debbie of Life Refreshed and Princess Judy Palmer of Blog This. Whooee, just a few more new followers to reach my next goal level of 200 followers, and there's gonna be BLOG CANDY! When I get home, I'll take some pictures & post as some added enticements.  Thanks for joining me here, and I hope you'll like what I babble on about. Let me encourage my other visitors to check out each of these blogs...not only some beautiful work to feast yer peepers on, but get a few good giggles too.

Since I haven't any cards to share, I thought I would share a couple of photos of the family..those I could get to cooperate with the camera & me. SIL refuses to join in when I'm taking pictures, and the one I finally captured of DH & DD is not all that great. But still, will give you an idea of what they look like in 'at home attire'. (I can already hear both of them saying "You DIDN'T really POST that, did you?"


DH-DD-Breakfast_12-25-13  
Ossie_Charlie_12-28-13
 
Ossie is the oldest of the 3 greys (13 yrs), and he's lived here since he was about 4 & retired from racing. He is the 3rd grey that DD adopted. She lost the 1st two dogs to cancer, and Ossie has survived the longest. He has arthritis, and is being helped with acupuncture. He has lovely manners, is definitely the daughter's child - if she is around - and only suffers the rest of us if he has to.


Dallas(standing)-Reilly(relaxing)-12-28-13
 

Dallas was adopted as a 3-4mo old puppy. When she was 2 yrs, DD discovered the folks who had adopted her sister, Reilly, didn't want the dog. So you can guess what happened next. Reilly is the one I'm allergic to, and I have difficulty in telling them apart. I don't pet either one because of that. I only pet Ossie if the other 2 are not where they can see it. (Yes, it does hurt their feelings!). Dallas was extremely rambunctious at first; she loved to chew toes. Now that she's 7, she is better behaved. Reilly basically follows her sister's lead and whatever Dallas is doing, Reilly does too. When you see one, you know the other is right behind.




Optimist Charlie-12-28-13
Charles joined the group about 2 months ago. This is his face when he is absolutely positive that he's going to join you for whatever it is that you may be eating. Doesn't matter, he wants some of it. He has diabetes, so treats are forbidden and he has to eat special food. He much prefers to sneak in & gobble up the greys' food & really snarfs it down. He's also quite a Hoover when food & crumbs are dropped from your plate. He doesn't beg, he just sits at your feet, looking up with this very hopeful expression. 
 
 
The last picture is of a PT boat that we saw pass by on Christmas morning. This is the first of these boats we've seen on the water. These boats were used in WWII, just in case you didn't already know this!  Hope that you've enjoyed the pictures and seeing a bit of my family. Hugs & come again soon.
 

20 comments:

  1. Lovely Mary, great pictures and I hope that you had a great Christmas and I wish you a fabulous 2014.
    Thanks for all you comments this past year
    Best Wishes

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your photos and stories behind them.

    GOOD LUCK with reaching 200 followers - I find myself in a very similar position followers wise

    Wishing you and your family and followers a Happy New Year

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pics! I think greyhounds are so lean and elegant, and dachshunds are just so cute!!!!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing them with us Mary! Nowt wrong with being in casual clothing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piccies Mary! I do so love your expression 'gussied up' to go out :) I know just what you mean too.

    Hugs,
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things look well in sunny Florida! Great pictures and you know I'm loving all the dogs and just wish I could reach through the computer screen and give them all a hug!!! CUTE!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking family you have there, Mary, both 2 and 4 legged. LOL Great picture of the PT boat. Glad you are enjoying your time there. Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tall and the short of it so to speak! Great pics of the dogs. Charlie looks really cute. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the photos of the family and the pets, Mary! It's nice to meet them!! It's too bad you are allergic to one of the dogs. That Charlie looks just like my sister's doxie-so loveable!!

    It won't be long and you'll reach 200 followers! I wish you a very happy and healthy new year, my friend!! Enjoy the rest of your stay and safe trip back home! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MARY,JUST STOPPING BY TO SAY HELLO AND WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR XX
    GORGEOUS PICCIES OF GORGEOUS HOUNDS :) I LOVE YOU GRAND-DOGS! AND THE WEE ONE TOO!!
    I AM SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS(I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND IT HAS A STRANGE NEW WAY OF PUTTING CAPS LOCK ON IS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND TAKING FOREVER TO SAY HELLO TO MY BLOGGING CHUMS SO I HAVE GIVEN UP FOR NOW LOL!)
    SEE YOU SOON,HUGS,NESSA XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see your family photos Mary and I hope you reach your 200 soon! Also hope you have a very happy and health New Year - see you again in 2014..... just love Charlie, he is a cutie. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos Mary, looks like you are having a great time, and in case yo don't post again before then, I wish you a very Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos, Mary! Hope you have a wonderful new year and that 2014 brings not only those extra followers, but health, joy and love in plenty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Mary. You have a beautiful family - both two-legged and four-legged! I also have a (rescue) dachshund. We've had her for 5 1/2 years, and she's been the best of the three we've had in our marriage, although they've all been adorable. They do so love for something yummy to fall from the table! Hope you and your family have a wonderful finish to the holidays. I'm looking forward to 2014. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous pictures Momma Mary! I love the pic of Joe and Dana, they look like they are dressed pretty nice to me. The dog are just gorgeous and the little one is just so cute and lovey. Glad you are having a wonderful visit. Safe travels back home after the New Year. It won't be long now and you will be up to your 200 followers!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary thank you for sharing some of your family photos with us. I enjoyed reading about the family and the dogs.. and even the boat! It is nice to hear about our bloggy friends' lives and such. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures. Comfy clothes are for sure the best. Love the pix of the dogs. The doxy looks like the one my aunt and uncle had, Gretchen. That look on his face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful pictures!! The dogs are so precious!! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas my friend!! New year hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary, looks like you have a great fur family ! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year. Thank you for all your visits and kind comments, I appreciate it. Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the warm welcome! Love the photos of the family. Part of me thinks it is weird that you are allergic to the one dog but not the others but sometimes certain cats set me off as well so I *get* it. Poor Charlie and his diabetes. My cat Jack has/had it. He had to do insulin for awhile but then we switched his diet around and now he is just diet controlled. For awhile there you couldn't leave any food out anywhere. He'd find it and chew through the wrapper it was in.

    ReplyDelete