Howdy and welcome to my share for WOYWW, As you may be able to see, haven't changed the desk much since last week (or the week before either). I have been working on some organizing of Spellbinders - making some progress that only I can see! We did get the old sewing machine with its wooden topper moved and a larger folding table in that space. So the Genesis cutter is back in its place, along with my Scor-Buddy and I was able to add the Vagabond that Sizzix sent to replace the wonky electric Big Shot Express. I did get that tool removed from its packing box--finally.
As you can see, on the desk there is a card - which I shall post later, some MS punched valentines, an EK Success punch being used for a project, some MS punches, a spool of Christmas ribbon, and a S/Binder diecut of a recycled Christmas card (the angels, of course!). In addition to Cardinals, I'm also a lover of all things angel. I am loving this idea of recycling Christmas cards, so started this one last evening. It's rather large so I'm trying to think of something that won't be an 'odd sized' card. We spent far too much in postage this last December, because of odd sized envelopes or too much layering (even though I do cut out the underneath of the S/Binder where one doesn't see.) I'm trying to keep that in mind as I do any cards this year, except for ones that I shall hand deliver. The ribbon is from the Dollar store, and I thought it was pretty, and might be utilized as part of a card background. As mentioned in a previous post, we moved an old sewing machine with a wooden topper that served as a cutting station. The larger folding table is now in place, and I was able to add the Vagabond that Sizzix sent to replace the wonky electric Big Shot Express. I think I'm going to like this different arrangement. I have one of the Art Bin storage containers on the table, and to answer a blogger question as to how many S/Binders this case will hold: this particular one has 2 sets of dies per page, of all my S/B label dies. I think I have 28 labels, so that would be 14 sheets. I can add more sheets I think, but it will be heavy. My plan is to put 'categories' in different bins...I think my next bin will have motifs & accents, or something of the sort. That way I can label the container, know what is in it, and not spend so much time hunting for a specific die.

So thanks for joining me this morning, so now have a look 'round at some of the other desks around the crafting world. You'll get some marvelous ideas while having a fun journey. Come again soon. Hugs.


  1. The card on your desk is beautiful Mary and the Angels you have re-cycled are really pretty too. Liking the new arrangement so that you can get more tools out to play with! Hugs, Anne x #57

  2. Looks like two very lovely cards in the making there and well done on getting things organised we all have to do it from time to time
    Ria #92

  3. I've enjoyed this peek at your desk! Hope you are ok :)

  4. Wow! You have been one busy lady! I love the idea of recycling old Christmas cards, gives me a couple ideas. I too seem to have spent a small fortune on postage thanks to the oversized envelopes . I heard USP is going up next week. I guess there is just going to have to be more hand delivering of cards in my future. Hope the rest of your week goes well.
    Take care

  5. Pretty cards, Mary! It sounds like you are doing a great job sorting the dies and making work for you. I'm glad you finally got the Vagabond so there's closure on that situation. I hope you enjoy it!! Darnell

  6. Your work is paying off. Everything you have described sounds great. It feels good to have things flow in our rooms. Love the art bins storage for the spellbinders. I just got 2 more for Xmas and i love them. I got a few packs of the refill sheets and it is amazing how quickly it all comes together.
    I saved all the packages of my SBinders and cut them down to just show the name and image of the die. I saw on another blog, that the lady used her labelmaker to print the name and manufacturer of the die right in the spot where the die sits.
    What method did you choose to save the names. I'm not sure that mine is very logical and am thinking i may change up that part.
    The crd looks great and the diecut angels are pretty.
    Know what you mean about the that we are retired I am cutting costs wherever possible. We go to 2 big Xmas parties and everyone there hand delivers their cards so I keep my bulky, thincly embellished cards to give out this way. cards

    1. Maureen, I used a label maker (with the plastic kind of tape) and put the info right below the dies. I didn't place in the center of the dies, as some have real small #1 dies, and would cover the info. I have a dynamo label maker, but the tape is more paper-y, and I find it does not stick well to lots of things. My label maker is a Brother, got it at Sam's Wholesale - but Office Depot, etc. has them. Sam's had a cheaper price, plus 3 rolls of tape came with it. That label always sticks very well for me. Some of the dies I need to look up the S number, to be sure I have the set of sizes. For example, just found out I don't have both sets of the small & large classic rectangles. I have just one of them, which is why sometimes I can't get a mat done except by drawing around the outside of one, handcutting. Hope I answered your question.

  7. Hullo there Mary,
    Well first time able to get in here and do some blog hopping!
    Some lovely work going on here, beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #58

  8. I think your organization stuff is going well Mary! I love how you are storing your SB's into the art bins and labeling them. I think that is going to work out fabulous for you. I also think your cutting station is great! Love that Vagabond on the table!! lol Love all your goodies on your dest as well, like those sweet angles! Hugs!!