Followers

6/07/2013

All Occasion

Good morning, and welcome. Today's share was inspired by this card done by Lynn at the Die-namites blog. I discovered this site after making this card with the Die-Namites Daisy Bunch die. When I saw how Lynn used the negative piece, I thought "Hmmmm". My negative piece was still in the top layer of mess on my desk. I don't have the silk acrylics used on the inspiration card, so decided to outline the edges of the negative die cut with Chromatix markers. This card is one that is totally from bits & pieces, and quite a bit out of my comfort zone!


Click to enlarge
 - Die-Namite Daisy Bunch negative, edged with markers, adhered to a snippet of Dylusions experiment on watercolor paper. Stamped the colored mask using Memento Desert Sand with a script stamp before placing on the w/c paper. Added some very old buttons from my button bucket after placing the pieces together.


- White cardbase was also stamped with the same script stamp in Desert Sand. Then I just collected bits & pieces from the snippet pile, began placing them onto the cardbase. Underneath is another experimental stamping effort that failed to achieve what I wanted, so it got up into a smaller segment, and used here.

- Memory Box Bee die cut, vellum wings - used a combination of Glossy Accents & Ranger Diamond stickles to coat his wings. The little bee cut marvelously, but oh it was a pain to assemble him with tweezers. I kept dropping the tiny bits of black for the sripes. I had cut both a black & yellow bee, with the trim pieces for each color. Decided to go with the yellow body, add the black pieces. Black bits are hard to find when you drop 'em on the floor. I put a dash of glossy accents onto a cd palette, then added a bit of Diamond stickles into the G.A., swirled around with a toothpick, then painted my wings. I wanted the shine, but I also wanted some sparkles on the wings. IRL it looks pretty good.

- Lastly, used an MS punch on a snippet of blue dotted paper to make a border for the bottom edge to cover a bit of white that I didn't want to show. I left a small wedge of the white cardbase showing at the top, so that the Sand colored script would show. Snipped off the button back on an old swirly button that had colors that would look ok with this card. Gonna have to be a hand delivered card, as it's got too much 'surface' to try to mail, unless I use a small box of some kind. I'll put the sentiment on the inside I think.

I use the small size of pictures when I post, but double click and it should enlarge the picture so you can see the details. (Sometimes it might be best NOT to see the fine details...that's how I see boo-boos occasionally- LOL. On the positive side, then I can fix before I give the card to the recipient.)
Thanks for joining me today, and have a lovely, lovely Friday. Hugs

10 comments:

  1. Lovely sunny card Mary! It won't open with a double click - but works with a single one for me here.

    I have your email to reply to yet - will do ASAP!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the negative cut look. Pretty card and love the button centers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've used the negative die-cuts ... outlining them really makes them stand out. Sweet with the button centers! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a fabulous card Mary! It's gorgeous, loving that negative piece - such a great idea. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful snippet card, Mary! I lvoe the colours and texture you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary for a card that is done all with scraps, this turned out beautiful! It really did! I love the negative die cut that you used and it has inspired me to do the same with my negatives. Such a wonderful card!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your all occasion cards are wonderful - now I want you to challenge yourself and do a tag or a canvas or an art journal!!!!! Yes Mary - I mean you!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be out of my comfort zone too sop I can really appreciate what a great job you did!
    Great to use that negative shape and \I just love the bee and also that fabulous old button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME CARD Mary....so glad I was able to inspire you to create such a WONDERFUL card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT AN AWESOME CARD Mary....so glad to have inspired you!!!!

    ReplyDelete