Followers

6/14/2013

Tag

Happy Friday Afternoon. Welcome to Joan, a new follower. She has some lovely pictures on her blog, and I encourage you to check out this site when you have time. Such an intriguing blog name as well. Thanks for joining me, Lakeslady!

It's been beautiful in our area today, but warm & muggy. Been trying to do a little housework & have some errands to run in a few minutes. Recently Miss Sandy issued me a challenge to do a tag. Well, I'm not really 'into' tags...mainly because I never know what to do with 'em, if I did one. But I thought I'd give it a whirl when I found some tags (while looking for something else that I never found!). So here is the result:



I saw a sketch somewhere (sorry I forgot to mark the site), and thought I could use it for my little personal challenge. Used a music stamp inked with Versamark, clear heat embossed. Also did the SU doily stamp in the same manner, up at the top corners. Inked the tag with the  Tim Holtz applicator tool using Festive Berry, Evergreen Bough & I think Pine Needles. Spritzed some water on the inked surface. I always read that the water makes it blend or you get waterspots. Sorry, must not have spritzed heavy enough 'cuz I didn't see any blending or watermarks either! (remember, I've been trying to not be heavy handed with the spritzing, so perhaps that was why!). I still sort of liked the look. Then tried to think of ways to 'dress up' the tag. The Deer is a Memory Box die, with some thin gold glitter tinsel glued around his neck, a pearl of Red Viva Décor for trim. Christmas trees were from a trim I bought several years ago; the holly cut from a pack of Christmas tree trim (Hobby Lobby). The sketch I had seen showed a big circle behind the tag, so cut one from red mirror c/s, largest S/B circle die. The sentiment was also placed so on the sketch layout, & I used Versamark, heat embossed with the Ranger Pine Needles EP. It stayed rather a mat finish, instead of the glittery look that I was hoping to achieve. Added some more of the gold tinsel through the tag hole, along with some transparent beads and thin red ribbon. Card base is a very pretty pearlized yellow with a swirl pattern, but it looks cream here. One more learning experiment to add to my repertoire! It was kinda fun. I did like the SU doily effect. So that's it for this afternoon. I hope you have a lovely afternoon wherever you may be. Hugs & come again.

7 comments:

  1. Great tag!! Very trendy looking and so lovely.
    I've never even attempted a tag before!! Maybe one of these days.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful tag, Mary! You can put it on DH's Christmas present. I haven't done many tags but need to remember to do some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Mary! Especially love the white embossed doilies and your sponged inks. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this tag Mary! The inking looks amazing and I love the music and doilies embossed! Your dear is just too pretty with his gold "wreath" around his neck! The trees look great, looks like they are way in the background of the dear, love that look! Tags can be used on gift bags, gifts, cards (like you have done) or even stacked to give to someone as a gift! Besides, you are great at making tags, so lets see some more from time to time! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary. Gorgeous Christmas tag, I like the colours the raindeer and the little christmas tree's, thank you for visiting my blog and following I am following you to know and I am looking forward to seeing some of your husbands Halloween cards in october,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb inky fun Mary love the look whether you think you spritzed too heavily on not enough!!! someone will love to have such a cheery tag. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! The embossed music and doillies look wonderful. The colours and inkiness are just right...and the use of it on a card is a great idea...see there is a great need for tags!!!

    ReplyDelete