Followers

6/20/2013

Birthday

Hello & thanks for joining me on a hot sunny afternoon. We've had television guys here working in our basement room, so I've been downstairs finishing up this card. Our family has a lot of summer birthdays, and this card is for Niece Julie, who shares a birthday with me- about 16 years apart. Julie likes Boyd's Bears, has quite a collection of them - stuffed, ceramic, porcelain. So when I saw this Boyd's Bear stamp, I knew exactly who it would be for.


- Boyd's Bear image, colored with copics. I added some Spica dots on her collar after I had finished all the coloring, background, etc. and then smeared a blob at her shoulder. Grrrr...nothing else to do, but fussy cut it out. I was so aggravated with myself. I've also added some Spica clear to the flowers, ribbon. Let that dry overnight, and when I was finishing up the card this afternoon, I added a bit of Glossy Accents to her eyes, nose and a couple of the flowers. The mats were cut with S/Binders Opulent Ovals. The bottom blue one is made with glossy cardstock and alcohol inks. (Oh yes, I watched another Youtube last night!).

- Embossed vellum border behind the mats was done with an Anna Griffin Foulard EF I found yesterday at Michael's.

- Blue paper was from a snippet in the box (oh I did manage to collect all the different piles around the stamp area & put into plastic bins. I had to sort of straighten up before the tv folks got here). The paper is probably The Paper Studio.

- Elizabeth Craft sentiment, diecut with a practice piece of the alcohol ink session.

- bow is from some ribbon I had picked up long ago, just because I liked the colors. I was looking for some seam binding to die to match the roses on Miss Boyd, but I couldn't find it. I did run across this, and thought it would work. Hope you like this one.

Now last night I watched Scrapbooking Made Simple Youtube, Video #73. Stacy did a
technique with Ruby Rockit embossed vellum, applying alcohol ink on the backside of the embossed vellum. Neat technique, and very classy look. I didn't have any of this specific vellum, so this afternoon, I took some medium weight vellum, inked a damask stamp with versamark & stamped on vellum. Used Ranger Silver Pearl EP to emboss this design. Then I tried the alcohol ink on the back side, and it worked pretty good! My stamp was not large enough to cover my vellum, so I didn't get a perfect look, but I'm going to dig out my Cover A Card Impression Obsessions, and find one that will work better. Will post my results here later! In the meantime, have a wonderful evening. Come again when you can, and many hugs.

8 comments:

  1. I have some little Boyd snowmen for my Christmas tree and love them. What a perfect card for your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love this image Mary is truly wodnerful and cant see the boo boo even when enlarged it so you hid it well that is true crafting skill you know!! :D and love the sound of the embossed vellum might see if can hunt the video out been incredibly busy so not much done this week craft wise and today is just as bad.. love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for a Boyds Bear collector! She is going to be very pleased to open this one! I always love your posts cuz you are so willing to walk us through the process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary this card is adorable!! Everyone loves Boyd's bears!! And this image is too cute!! We had Boyd's Barn up here in Gettysburg, but sadly it closed and Boyd's was sold. Many of Boyd's bear were made here! I didn't even know they had stamps of the Boyd's bears! Love that bow Mary, did you tie it with a bow maker to get the three loops?? Wonderful ribbon too! And as always you have colored this little cute bear so beautifully!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary thanks for emails... and yes this is one fab video, should be in bed but watching it :D love Shaz.x

    here is link if someone wants it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjzr8G4u0Fg&noredirect=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous teddy Bear Mary, such a pretty card Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mary - cute card!!!! Julie is going to l ove it!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary... what a lovely card! I had no idea that they had stamps in the Boyd's Bears collection!! WoW! Love the stamp, so beautiful and this card is gorgeous. I am sure Julie will love it!


    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete