Hello again. I took some pictures of the punches I used in making the rose I posted earlier this week. (shown here)

I made the pink rose with the larger of these punches - which is a middle size of a set of 3. I used the smallest punch to make a yellow one (showed the punches pieces in the same post with the pink rose). This morning while waiting on another tv person, I made the yellow rose with a glue gun. (See this Youtube video). I like the size of the smaller rose, but it was a bit harder to handle the smaller petals. I did try to keep my petals staggered better in the yellow she shows in the video. I think if I keep practicing, my fingers won't feel so clumsy with the smaller petals. This is a more usable size for cards in my opinion. The bigger size would be ok on altered art, but I think a bit too 'heavy' for just a 4 1/4x5 1/2 card size.

Another Youtube I watched was an embossed vellum technique using alcohol inks at Scrapbooking Made Simple. (it's at the end part of her video).  I don't have the vellum Stacy used, but while I was downstairs with our tv installers yesterday, I hunted up some vellum to try an experiment. I used a damask stamp that was handy, inked it up with versamark, then used a Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder over it, set with the heat gun. Turned it over to the backside, and used an alcohol ink (think it was stream) just like Stacy did in the video. Now my effort didn't look quite as nice as hers did, but I was excited at the result I got. This was not a real good quality or heavyweight vellum. I think it was from a pack of Paper Studio, purchased at Hobby Lobby. But I think it's a technique I can play around with, until I can get some of this Ruby Rockit paper.

Front side

Back side

I have one last picture of 2 flowers made from oversprayed paper when I was using Dylusions, glitter sprays, etc. This paper is a tissue paper - sort of like newsprint - that comes as packing/wrap paper in some of the online orders that I get. I save it to cover the desk where I airbrush, and when it gets too awful to continue using, I toss it. I saw a post here where Sandee had used some wax paper from lining her spray box to make a beautiful card. (Folks, I tried to find the specific post, but couldn't find that one, so just linked to Sandee's blog...she has amazing stuff to see!). So that gave me the idea to use my sprayed up papers to punch & make these flowers. Thanks Sandee, for the idea!
I used the SU scallop punch to punch out about 6 layers of this's just a tad more heavyweight than plain ole tissue paper. Then I pierced a center hole, placed a tiny brad to hold the layers together. I separated & smushed up each layer together, spritzed with some water until damp - not wet - and let it dry overnight. Then fluffed it up. I thought these turned out pretty. Colors are quite sparkly IRL, and I may spritz with some gold spray glitter.
So I hope you enjoyed this post, and maybe it gave some good ideas. Thanks to all these talented bloggers who give ME ideas. I'm a great copier, but not so talented when it comes to designing. If I know where I got the idea, and can get back to the blog, I will always try to recognize the blogger who inspired me! Ya'll have a grand afternoon, and thanks for visiting. Hugs


  1. Great idea to use the over spray papers. I am just getting into stains and dyes but have only used spray once (fro the ATC's). But I realy liked it so I am going to try some more colours and types.

    When I finally have some overspray papers this will be fun to try.

    Your flowers looks so pretty...I think I like these ones the best...they have a nice relaxed feel to them...I think it is from the spverspray look.

  2. Love, love, love the damask! Love the flowers too and think it's a wonderful way to use up the sprayed paper. Much better than throwing it away!

  3. I've made the scallop flowers, and I've made the other's flowers with flowers from my Cricut. They are a little time consuming but so much fun! You did a wonderful job with yours Mary!! Hugs!