Followers

6/28/2013

July 4th

Good afternoon, and Welcome. So happy you were able to pop in today. We did our hospital run fairly early, and thankfully, my brother was released this morning. We were planning to take a trip up to Boston, leaving today, but that is on hold just at the moment...day by day...waiting to see how things go.

I'm posting a 4th of July card today...nothing elaborate.



The stars were made with a new MS punch that is supposed to do 3 different cuts. I'm not altogether happy with it. It does the main star ok, but then I have to fiddle with it, to get the more intricate cut, and I've yet to discover what the '3rd punch' is! The white overlay is the more detailed punchout. There's a lever on the handle that moves to change the cut of the punch. I read the instructions, moved it different places, and sometimes I'd get the overlay, sometimes, just another plain star! The smaller stars inside were made with different punches that I have. The sentiment was from a sticker pack, and I just cut mats for it with the scissors. The red star on the sentiment was white, covered in MS red glitter glue. The pattern paper is years old -  from the stash. Need to make an insert, and it's ready for mailing.

Have a wonderful afternoon. It's very hot & humid in Upstate SC at the moment. I watered some potted plants on the porches earlier, and it's difficult to breathe it's so hot. So thankful for air conditioning. Hugs and thanks again for joining me. Stay cool.

9 comments:

  1. Mary, I think this one is sensational!!!! So fun and pretty! GREAT card for the 4th.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, glad to hear your brother is on the mend. The stars look fabulous on your dp. :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Mary! Glad your brother is on the mend. I wish my brother was doing as well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great...Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy fourth to you too kid - what a perfect July 4th card!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive! Sometimes those punches can be very tricky and hard to punch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely birthday surprise! I went to visit and the post it holders don't look too hard. But I don't have that die. I wonder how many I'd have to make to justify buying the die? Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! So patriotic Mary! I love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete