Followers

6/19/2013

Thinking of you

Good Morning. Is it just me, or is this year just speeding by? We are nearly 1/2 through 2013. How can this be?!
Today my card is made from an LOTV topper I've had for some time. A UK blogger buddy kindly advised me when the store was having free shipping. I see these lovely toppers used so many places, and had been wanting some of these cuties. Finally had a chance to use it.  Here goes:


- image was sponged around the sides & corners with DI Antique Linen and Spun Sugar. I also used Spica pens to add a bit of sparkle on the flowers; a Clear Star Gel pen added some bling on the table & bench legs. I did not use my signature stamp on this one, since it was a topper.

- trimmed the green mat to fit the image. Diecut the central portion of the green (a snippet!) as well as the multicolored mat behind the green. This was a background I had made used a Hero Arts Lotus Stamp that I had spread various colors of gelato markers over, then spritzed with water. It had seemed 'too busy' for anything I have done todate, but thought it would look cheery with the bunny colors. This was also a snippet., center portion diecut away to save on layering.

- Sentiment by Elizabeth Craft, also a snippet.
(since I have some snippets on this card, I'm off to see what those Playground girls are up to this morning. They get into the most delightful mischief. Com'on along with me, and feast your eyes on some luscious cards and projects.)

This is going out to a blog buddy at our Playground group and I hope it will bring a little cheer to let her know she is in my thoughts.

I'll try to get back later this afternoon, with another post. Been experimenting with my new camera, trying to make a shaped rose, and getting ready to have a new television installed in our basement room. (No I didn't damage the old one with my recent water episode! We have a Sony Wega that is about 9 yrs old, and is getting ready to bite the dust. Now you don't expect me to be crafting in a basement with no tv. I must have the television on to old movies in order to create! HA HA HA.) Have a blessed day and see ya later! Thanks for joining me this morning. Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, gorgeous card and a lovely image. LOTV is a 15 min drive from my house and l love the place. They have had free P&P for ages except for the paper pads. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute Mary. I just knew as soon as I saw the sentiment who it was for - perfect1

    Hugs, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, the image is so sweet and I love the background you created. A lovely card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, what a cute image, looks great on the card. Just stopping in to say thanks for visiting my "floor of shame" today, lol Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Like that idea of sponging around the edges. Love the green dots. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I am loving this card Mary!! So cute and I love the fabulous papers you have used as well as the inking!! And no it isn't just you, the year is flying by to fast!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just can't beat LOTV for cuteness - I love their stamps and I love your card!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah LOVE this card and yes bought some when they had free post too! ad ys have made some love the card! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww, this is so adorable! gotta love the little LOTV bunnies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp company too. All their stamps are gorgeous and so is your card! Haven't ever tried the gelato markers...but your background goes well here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete