Followers

6/02/2013

All Occasion

Happy June & welcome to Miss Darcy, a new follower. I'm pleased that you found time to visit here today, and new folks are always welcome to come sit a spell. I've seen links provided for new followers' blogs at other websites, so I'm going to try to start doing that.  (If I'm able to find the link!). Maybe we can all encourage folks to visit other blogs and see some inspiration
.
Summer has arrived in our Upstate SC area. Yesterday afternoon it was 90. I had been doing some heavy housework (for me anyway - cleaning the basement floor  which was especially dirty where we usually come into the house). The basement was still quite cool & comfy - even with no air - but when I came upstairs, it was like walking into a blast from the oven. Windows were open, ceiling fans running, but I was HOT! Started closing windows and the air conditioning system went on. It took a while to cool down but this morning, it feels lovely & cool. So of course, it has cooled down outside now. Looks a bit like a thunderstorm might be coming, and those are predicted today for our area. Thankfully, nothing like what our Oklahoma folks (and surrounding areas) are getting. edit: while I was typing this post, it has started to drizzle, so my new plants will enjoy a nice little drink.I'm hearing a few rumbles too.

Here's the card and everything on it - except for the white cardbase - was a SNIPPET!

- image was stamped on a lavender design paper once, then moved slightly, restamped without reinking. I think this is a SU image, but done some time back and I'm not certain. I found it in a box of things I had stamped, didn't use, put in a clear box. I was looking for an image to use on another idea. Didn't find 'that', but I liked this one so pulled it out.

- purple mat (S/Binder square diecut) & border - bought a partially used 6x6 pack from last week's stamp garage sale. This particular pattern looked well with my image, and was truly just a snippet of a page. There was just enough to use for what I wanted. I split what was left from cutting the mat to get a little border, adhered to the square, once I put the image on it. This might rightfully be called someone else's snippets, but hey, it's mine now!!! I got this pad for $1 so I thought it was a bargain. This pad probably sold for about $5.98, and think the name was Wisteria by BG(?)

- butterfly is an MS punch, from a snippet, layered over another punch (also a snippet) slightly offset.
Added some Glossy Accents for a little shine, then colored some pink pearls with copics to match with the purples tones.

- Memory Box die- from a green snippet that you've seen used on previous cards. I chose this particular die because I thought it went well with the stamped flowers. I think it's called Chloe.

- Elizabeth Craft Die Hello from the last little bit of the green snippet (above). I had used this green on some palm fronds on previous cards.

- White Bazzill cardbase embossed with the SU mesh EF.

The drawing for the lovely Ryn waterdroplets stamp is still going on over at Pixies Crafty Workshop. If you have time, you might want to take a peek, and use up some snippets to be entered for the draw. Only rule is to use your snippets (leftovers, scraps, whatever ya call 'em, and we all have 'em!) and enter 3 cards. The rules are pretty simple, but do come along and try your luck. I'm off to submit this one as my first entry. I'll have to remember to mention on the 3rd entry, if I can get some ready to enter. Thanks for joining me today, and have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary! This is a totally gorgeous card! I love those sorts of flowers. Sounds like you have got summer! We are getting some sunshine here, but temperatures are more like April than June. I braved wearing sandals yesterday, but resorted to my fluffy slippers later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Mary, love the diecut flower and butterfly :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, in some ways I envy you the heat but in other ways I am glad it rarely gets to that temperature over here in England. The drizzle I can relate to though.... Your card is a real beauty, I love the butterfly and the Memory Box die cut is gorgeous. Very nice composition of the card too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Mary! I love the color combo and I love the stamped image as well as the die cut image, they both go so well together!! I also love your hello, looks and is the perfect little sentiment on this card! Love that you used snippets of the purple paper and what a deal you got!! Love buys like that and yes it sure is your snippets now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you got a great bargain...all that lovely paper for a dollar!!!

    Love the dies and the pretty stamped image.

    I bet you will be hanging out in the basement more this summer...maybe your DH will even join you now and again. It gets to 90 where we have the RV...and where my Mum lives it gets even hotter. I like the heat if I am lazing around the pool but not to garden or clean...we have a couple of portable aitr conditioners at home but we rarely turn them on...we get a bit of a crossbreeze so the house is not too bad!
    At the lake we have the air conditioner in the RV on quite a bit...It can get cookin' in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Move to the basement!!!!! Buck the trend for "loft living" and go downwards into the cool!

    Terrific card and pretty die cut embellishments Mary. You are right . . . the flower die is called CHLOE.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Mary - love your gorgeous colors.
    We are still on the cool side in the mountains but because of all the rain, quite humid!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mary! Met you at The Outlawz and popped in for a visit. You have some awesome cards, gal. Thanks for your visit to my blog and for following me. Following you right back! Hope you will share more of your fab projects at The Outlawz.

    Huggerz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also meant to say that I am a southern gal, too, from Georgia. Summer is alive and well here. I picked a terrible place to live since I hate hot, humid weather! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Mary! I love that aqua butterfly with the purples! Not a color combo I would have thought of but will try to remember how beautifully it works!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you're using up other people's snippets too???? That's dedication to the cause lol!!
    Hugs
    Debsx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Mary! Such a lovely result and so many snippets used too. I adore the purple and teal together.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete