Followers

6/24/2013

Birthday

Good afternoon, and I hope that you had a wonderful weekend - perhaps doing a bit of crafting or something else that you enjoy. I did some catchup housework, and yesterday we just relaxed most of the day. Very pleasant.

Here's a card using the embossing on vellum with the alcohol ink on the reverse side, as shown by Scrapbooking Made Simple in this video.  Since I don't have this vellum, I tried an experiment and liked the results (although it wasn't perfect!). I hunted up an Impression Obsession Cover A Card Rose Lace stamp, inked it with versamark, and tried to get a very crisp impression on the vellum. Then dusted this surface with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder, heat set it. It does tend to curl a bit with the heat, but I flattened it with some large stamps, leaving it to sit for a while. Then used watermelon alcohol ink to cover the non-embossed side as Stacy shows in the video. I was better pleased with this result. Placed the vellum over a previously folded red card base,(snippet) and liked it ok.


The border is the SU lace punch,(snippet) threaded with a sheer white ribbon, as is the triple bow trim. The label a S/Binder diecut with silver paper,(snippet) then cut again to get the red center (snippet). The Elizabeth Craft sentiment was cut from the same silver snippet as the label. This was a pretty easy card to get together. I think I'll just mosey on over to Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground Week #78 and see if anyone is in the duck pond. Why don't you just come on along, and let's see what fun we can have???? As always, thanks for visiting! Come again when you can. Have a great afternoon, and lots of hugs.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    This is such a Pretty card. Love the watermelon color alot. I think it turned out perfect!

    Hugs
    Chris B
    http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...it has a really elegant look! That spellbinder die is gorgeous.
    Great technique on the embossed, alchohol inked vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary. That technique is so beautiful. Will have to give it a try! So many new technique with vellum right now. Love the colors and your silver framed label is such a beautiful shape! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very pretty card indeed Mary, love the pink and white, it is very feminine and very lovely. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That technique really makes the card shine! Beautiful for anyone's birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Mary, so elegant looking!! I will have to check out that video by Stacey, looks like it was fun to make!! Hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and of course the colour is perfect. Gotta get in first before Miss sees it. Hugs Mrs A.
    ps. I search the webb for ages looking for just the right images to go with the stories (yarns as Darnell puts it) that I tell. Got a really funny one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great design.
    I really have to try embossing one of these days.
    Hope that your week started off well, not too much house work.
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great technique to create a beautiful elegant card design. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Mary, this is totally fabulous. You really worked hard on that beautiful vellum, with a stunning result. Love it!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! This is gorgeous Mary. Love the technique you tried and thanks for sharing the video.

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible, Mary! You did a fabulous job with the technique and well done using snippets! I'll see you by the pond ~ I've got some donut holes for the ducks, since Di won't be there today!! Tee Hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your birthday card is gorgeous Mary -- now I need to watch that video!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic technique Mary, your card is beautiful :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete