Followers

6/13/2013

Christmas

Happy Thursday, and hope this morning finds you rested & ready to enjoy a day of doing something that makes you happy. (Perhaps it is even crafting! LOL). At the moment, we have a lovely, sunny day but the weather folks predict some thunderstorms to roll in later on today. We have errands to do and a possible meeting with a craft friend for lunch, so it should be a fun day for us.  Yesterday we met high school friends (Lordy, I am going back a LONGGG way!) for lunch, and that was most pleasant. In another post I'll tell you how we re-connected with these friends that we used to double date with in our 'heyday'.

For the card:


- image is from a clear set, CTMH and was stamped probably a year ago. When I saw the sketch for
Jingle Bells, I thought I had something that would fit the circle requirement. The miracle was I remembered correctly PLUS I found it!!! The chipmunk was colored with copics, diecut with a S/B circle, smudged edges (one of the DI blues). Teal mat was cut from the S/B scalloped circle. (?could these be rightly termed snippets?)

- cream background embossed with a Cuttlebug Snow EF (c/s was one of the Paper Studio 4x6 packs I found on sale at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. 50% off...I like finds of this sort).

- banners were from various Christmas 6x6 packs - Bo Bunny and some others I had found on sale at ACM.

- Circle mat behind the focal image is a leftover (better known as snippet) from a Memory Box wreath. The center makes a pretty shape as well, I though.

- sentiment stamped in SU Tempting Turquoise, stamped with a tiny clear stamp that fit where I needed it. Punched with the SU word punch. It was too white for the cream background, so I dabbed some DI Antique linen and smudged a bit of Memento Bahama Blue on the edges (The SU pad had already been put away and the colors looked ok together!) This punch was from a snippet too.

So I'm off to link up with a couple of challenges that looked like fun. Love to have you come along and check out these places; you might see a place you'd enjoy playing as well. Have a grand day. Thanks for visiting, and come again soon. Hugs

Jingle Bells Oh Christmas Sketch

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge extra for June

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 76  (which has been extended so you still have time to have some good Playground fun)






14 comments:

  1. What a little cutie! Lovin' those wonderful banners too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Mary - and such good use of snippets too. We don't have chipmunks over here - swop you one for a hedgie? :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute Mary! A fabulous card. Think we got your thunderstorms. I had to stop teaching and tell the class to go and look at the rain/ hail and lightning out of the window. It was drumming so hard on the roof they couldn't hear me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of your snippets Mary...I had enlarged your card to try and figure out how you did the green circle...then I read the post...Brilliant!

    I am going to start looking at my cast off bits in a new light!

    Your chipmunk is a cutie and I just noticed a few posts back that you sign your images...what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Mary what a cute, cute card! I love the image and I love the "flags" in the beautiful papers! As always you colored this cute little fella so cute! I also love the snowy embossed background! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable image and beautifully coloured too. The idea of using the waste of the die is fab and so effective too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie! Great card Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for June– as you have used a die cut, you could also enter this for my CHNC challenge 128 - I’d love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw that challenge too. Have gotten as far as fishing out an old christmss card to cut up for the banners but that's as far as it goes. Chasing my tail at the moment. So far behind with everything. Just about to order my Britannia dies. Would like them all but am going to have to be selective. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute little guy, Mary! Love the banners and the sentiment stamped in turquoise really makes me smile. I love turquoise and need to put it on a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is sooo stinkin cute!!! Love those banners Mary and love that you are doing Christmas cards! you are inspiring me to do some early!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done Mary it just such a fab image and card thanks for sharing and for popping over and encouraging me the way you do on my blog, you are a real treasure, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete