Followers

6/06/2013

Birthday

Good Morning, fellow bloggers, and it's a dreary, rainy one around our area. We're getting some residual off Storm Andrea or so our weather people tell us.  This was a previously colored image that appeared in my pile last evening, and I decided I wanted to do a pink card! Once I got started on the search for papers I knew exactly to whom this card would go. I have a sis-in-law whose birthday is in August, and she loves pinks & mauves.

- think the stamp was probably an Inkadinkadoo; definitely colored with copics, die cut with a S/Binder Petite Oval. This had been stamped with several images on the paper, so I didn't have a wide choice of what die to use, as I had not left enough space between the stamped images. The petite oval fit perfectly. Used the appropriately sized petite scallop oval to die cut a mat.  The mat paper is the same as the trim on each side of the card, which was from an 8x8 K&Company stash pack.

- white embossed strips (C/B dot EF) were snippets. MS lacey punched strip under the focal image is the reverse of the pink side papers- as is the  lacey strip adhered to the inside of the card. I've said this before, but this is one of my favorite punches, and it's one of the first MS punches I ever bought.

- Elizabeth Craft sentiment (a snippet). I am getting a lot of mileage out of this die, and since it is a small die, it's great for these little leftover bits. I added a tiny green pearl over the 'i', after seeing this extra detail added to this card.

Noticed when I photographed the card, I need to add some more glue to a couple places on the trims, and trim off just a smidge at the very top of the card. Grrrr....it looked fine to me until I saw the photo! Does that happen to you? Well, I still like the card, and got my pink craving out of the way.

I'll close this post wishing that you have a happy day, doing something that gives you joy, and thanks for joining me. Come again when you can. Hugs

17 comments:

  1. Yes, that happens to me all the time...As I get older, I can't see as well. When I post the photo, I can enlarge it and then whammy, I see all the little things I hadn't noticed!!! teehee

    Love this pretty pink card. Your sister-in-law is going to love it...that background paper is so pretty too!

    Isn't it great to have some stamped imaged finished and just waiting for Mrs Mojo to kick in and call to you!

    I'm leaving for the lake a day late as I had a automatic timer that needed replaced and of course everyone is sold out...finally found one and it worked this morning so we are off soon as DD wakes up!!!

    DH added internet at the lake so I can comment but can't post as the laptop has broken usp connections:(
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I love that rose image and you coloured it beautifully. So nice to have things in your stash like that which can be used as and when. Love the pink too and the sentiment is lovely, great size too.

    Yes, the same thing happens to me too, all to frequently - lol! You are definitely not on your own there.

    Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this looks like a REAL flower!!! So lovely and it's framed out perfectly. Love it.
    Hope y'all don't have any bad weather with that rain!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, love the pink! Your sister in law will love it! We are getting rain off and on again today, yesterday it poured. Gives me a break from working in the garden so I'm OK with it, lol waving hi from the cloudy hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, feminine card Mary, love the scallops and the delicate border. I always have to see what the photo looks like! Frustrating at times when you pick up things you're not quite happy with :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary your card is just lovely! Love the colors. And you sure can color the flower great, I still don't do well with the coloring of stuff,lol. Thanks for visiting my blog. I get emails when you post and wow you have made some really beautiful cards. I really enjoyed seeing you post about your little adventure with the dh! I know how hard and lazy it can be to comment on all the ones we follow. Same here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mary. Love your roses ... your coloring is fantastic! Perfect framed with the oval. Love the mix of DP as well. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi- I am a new member to Outlawz and am now following your blog. Thanks for following me. Looks like a fun bunch of creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pinks in this card.
    It feels delicate and feminine.
    We had sunshine today but as I write this the storm clouds are moving in.
    My mother called to tell me it is supposed to rain so I have given myself a night off from watering the garden.
    Your sister in law will love this card I know I would.
    Have a great night!
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Mary! Great image and LO. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so loving this card Mary! I'm a pink kind of gal, lol, so I am loving this pink card! I also love that punch from Martha Steward and it was my first punch of her's that I bought!! I love the papers and the stamped image you used, so beautiful! Yes, this happens to me too, I think my card looks like it is good to go but then when I take a pic and enlarge it I see place where it isn't glued down, so don't worry about that! It happens!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and indeed feminine design. I like the lacy edges. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, this is so Pretty!

    Hugs
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, tjis card is sooo Pretty!

    Hugs
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is stunning!!! You did an amazing job with this one Mary

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful work of art! Gorgeous Mary!

    ReplyDelete